cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received my Amex Optima card today!!

tag
Stralem
Established Contributor

Re: Received my Amex Optima card today!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

Congrats on getting back in.

Speaking of the design, my old Optima card from a few years ago wasn't this, but literally the old Amex Costco design. I guess they had a lot of leftover blanks they needed to get rid of.

TrueEarnings-American-Express-Costco

Lol, yeah probably so. Pretty smart on thier end to save money. Looking forward to getting a better Amex product in the next year. I never seen the card you posted as the optima card tho. Even years ago when I was googling it the style I have now always popped up. 

I wish I had taken a picture! I was expecting the "standard" Optima card when it arrived in the mail, but nope. It was the Costco card, but pale blue all over instead of the green and blue motif, and it didn't have "Optima" anywhere on it. Even more strange, when I activated the card, it showed up in my online portal with the same Optima card design as yours.

Now I wish I hadn't shredded it after it had outlived its usefulness... Smiley Frustrated

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Congrats, I had the original green optima from the 1980's .. what memories.

Yeah I heard people say it was one of the 1st Amex. You can kinda see that as the design looks a little dated, but it's still a nice card. 

@Anonymous, DatedSmiley Very Happy

This is what mine looked like ..

Wow!!! That's a interesting looking card. I like the minimal look of it. That start year is throwing Me off 😂. I miss the 90's so much. 

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stralem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

Congrats on getting back in.

Speaking of the design, my old Optima card from a few years ago wasn't this, but literally the old Amex Costco design. I guess they had a lot of leftover blanks they needed to get rid of.

TrueEarnings-American-Express-Costco

Lol, yeah probably so. Pretty smart on thier end to save money. Looking forward to getting a better Amex product in the next year. I never seen the card you posted as the optima card tho. Even years ago when I was googling it the style I have now always popped up. 

I wish I had taken a picture! I was expecting the "standard" Optima card when it arrived in the mail, but nope. It was the Costco card, but pale blue all over instead of the green and blue motif, and it didn't have "Optima" anywhere on it. Even more strange, when I activated the card, it showed up in my online portal with the same Optima card design as yours.

Now I wish I hadn't shredded it after it had outlived its usefulness... Smiley Frustrated

WOW that's awesome!! Yeah you should have kept it. You probably was one of the few that got the optima card that looked that way. It's probably rare. 

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

does the Optima Card work with Apple Pay?

I have one payment left and I'll receive my application. Capital One has been pretty good to me during rebuilding, but I'm happy to be back "in" with AMEX.

Message 24 of 29
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

I have one payment left and I'll receive my application. Capital One has been pretty good to me during rebuilding, but I'm happy to be back "in" with AMEX.

Yes, it works with both Apple Pay and Samsung/Android.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks! Yeah it does, it just looks different from the actual card.

6E6453BE-8B2D-4491-BDFA-E3BBBE2E0ADF.jpeg

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS! 

What a wonderful time to be an Optima holder. AmEx is no longer requiring you to close the card in order to be approved for one of their advertised cards. 

Personally, I had only 22 months of on-time payments since a streak of 50+ baddies (30's, 60's, 90's, 120's, C/O's) before getting approved for three AmEx: ABP, MBB, and Platinum, all in the same week. 

My pros at application: 0% util

My cons at application: LOL/24, dozens of INQ

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

You inspired me to go ahead and make my last payment!

Now to just hope I'm done traveling for work when the application arrives. Really excited to be back in with AmEx. My file is still trashed with lots of late payments and a couple of charge offs so I won't be getting approved for any of their other cards any time soon, but I'll be cherishing this one in the meantime. 

I'm assuming the application will list my credit limit. I've seen a bunch of posts referencing 1/3 the total you paid off. Is that your experience?

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS! 

What a wonderful time to be an Optima holder. AmEx is no longer requiring you to close the card in order to be approved for one of their advertised cards. 

Personally, I had only 22 months of on-time payments since a streak of 50+ baddies (30's, 60's, 90's, 120's, C/O's) before getting approved for three AmEx: ABP, MBB, and Platinum, all in the same week. 

My pros at application: 0% util

My cons at application: LOL/24, dozens of INQ

Wow so Amex approved you for other products after your 1 year even while having blemishes on your credit? What was you score when you got approved for the other Amex cards?

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.