cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving new card from HSBC Discover. They say my old account could have been compromised.

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Receiving new card from HSBC Discover. They say my old account could have been compromised.

I got a letter from HSBC Discover Card stating my account could have been compromised and they are sending me a new card. It also states my old card is invalid effective immeadiate.

I wonder if this is a proactive move and has any thing to do with recent breach of credit card accounts from major departmental stores. Did any of you get similar notifications from any of the banks.

You might want to keep close eye on your credit card balances for any fradulent charges.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Receiving new card from HSBC Discover. They say my old account could have been compromised.

interesting-

I am sure it is part of the recent breachs-

Companies are charging back the costs to do this to the mercharts/visa/amex and visa
so it's not costing them anything to do this.

I am glad to hear HSBC doing something proactive for a change.
Message 2 of 3
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Receiving new card from HSBC Discover. They say my old account could have been compromised.

I agree with Timothy. I'm happy it's proactive instead of reactive.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.