Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent DP’s on BECU CLI’s?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recent DP’s on BECU CLI’s?

Hey all, I have been a BECU member for 5 years. They are my primary bank now. Have had their cash back visa for 2 years now. SL 1k, no CLI's. I have always carried a balance on it, close to 90%UTI. (Apr 13.9%, focused on paying down higher interest debt first). Took it down to 68% last month, planning on 29% this next statement. 

Does anyone have any recent DPs on CLI's from BECU? Don't plan on asking until November. Will app for another card at that time as well to do a BT. 

40k limit across 11 cards

42% aggregate UTI

5 cards with balances

Zero derogs/lates

30%DTI

4.5 AAoA

7 AoOa

2hp TU

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recent DP’s on BECU CLI’s?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/BECU-CLI-500-gt-7500/td-p/6059756

I bank with becu and just graduated a secured card a few months ago (seems to be treated the same way as a CLI?).  Here's the thread regarding it I posted.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info and congrats! Can I ask what your UTI was on the BECU card specifically when you applied? BECU has great customer service. And good luck on your rebuild! Looks like things are planning out!

Message 3 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  once you lower your utilization, wait a couple of months, then ask. 

You can do it at any point, but if they think CLI will cause you to run up the card again, your CLI will be lower. 

Becu typically approves CLI requests, but you really don't want a HP for $500.00. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insight! Planning to wait until November/December so I report a few months of lower UTI and payments above the minimum. Do you think it would be best to pay it all off now and put some spend on it/PIF until then?

Message 5 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the insight! Planning to wait until November/December so I report a few months of lower UTI and payments above the minimum. Do you think it would be best to pay it all off now and put some spend on it/PIF until then?

That depends on your finances. 

If you have other cards with balance that have high apr, put your money there. 

Becu is fine with 30%

As far as use, they love their cards to be used (who doesn't lol), and if that's your lowest interest card, makes sense you'd use it for purchases unless you have a card with better rewards and intact grace period. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect. 30% it is!

Message 7 of 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

What is your APR on the BECU card? Did you get an automated APR reduction last August or September?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

13.9%
Last auto CLI period I was still at 0% intro APR and was close to 90% UTI (Last on my list to pay off) so no auto APR reduction. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.