cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommend a Credit Card. Excellent Credit. Pay in full every month. Cash back or Gift Cards.

tag
thorjo1984
Established Member

Re: Recommend a Credit Card. Excellent Credit. Pay in full every month. Cash back or Gift Cards.

Ok, I signed up for the free trial. 

Your FICO® score from Equifax is

I assume this is the score I am looking for?
Message 21 of 84
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Recommend a Credit Card. Excellent Credit. Pay in full every month. Cash back or Gift Cards.

@thorjo1984 wrote:

Ok, I signed up for the free trial. 

Your FICO® score from Equifax is

I assume this is the score I am looking for?

Yes, that's your Equifax FICO score, known as Beacon 5.0 in the industry. Vey nice score!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 22 of 84
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@jclark1183 wrote:

I have no idea how comparable VS is to a FICO, but if it weighs the same factors. . . . 854/990 = X/850, OR X = 733

Smiley Happy

But don't forget, neither score starts from 0. So you'd have to enter each range (300-850 or whatever), figure which percentile the known score lies on in that range, then figure the range for the other score, and find what score corresponds to that percentile. And as mentioned, the factors are weighted differently, so the two scores are probably at different percentiles as well.

Fun to play with, of course.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 84
castlefox
Regular Contributor

Yes that is the score you are looking for.  If you are looking for a cash back rewards card I would suggest you look at American Expresses Blue Cash Preferred. 

http://www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/side-by-side/bluecashever-bluecashpref/12006

You get Earn 6% cash back at supermarkets.
Earn 3% cash back at gas stations and department stores.
Earn 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases

And there is no limit at to how much cash back you can get, and the categories do not rotate like a lot of other cards.

There is a 75 dollar fee but if you use it for gas and supermarket shopping you can make up the75 dollar fee in no time. 

I ended up going getting the Blue Cash Everyday version, it has lower cash back percentages but because I do not spend very much because I am living at home and eating my parents food the Preferred version does not make sense for me. 

The myfico credit score a couple weeks ago was 780, so I think you would have very good chances of getting approved for one of these cards.

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 24 of 84
thorjo1984
Established Member

Are there any benefits for a charge card vs a credit card? Are the rewards typically better/worse? Either way I pay my balance in full every month. My brother in law has a Discover card and says he loves it. I have yet to look into their cards but would like to know the general consensus of Discover vs Amex or the others.

Message 25 of 84
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

To be honest, I think charge cards are only worth it if you're running at least 1,500 + a month through it.. If not, then a revolver would most likely do you better.

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 26 of 84
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I personally like the AMEX charge cards because I get one point for every dollar. Then I transfer my points to an airline partner. Also the AMEX Blue is a revolver with no annual fee with AMEX membership points.

All AMEX charge cards have an annual fee.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 27 of 84
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

@chnceit wrote:
I personally like the AMEX charge cards because I get one point for every dollar. Then I transfer my points to an airline partner. Also the AMEX Blue is a revolver with no annual fee with AMEX membership points.

All AMEX charge cards have an annual fee.

Tbh, if that was the case I'd use the Chase Sapphire Prefered.  The card has that cool factor and ultimate rewards is pretty good.  Plus you get 7% extra points at the end of the year, even if you already spent them.

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 28 of 84
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Cool! Thats a good option

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 29 of 84
thorjo1984
Established Member

The Chase Sapphire Preferred does look pretty flashy. The American Express Gold card has a very class look to it as well. Still undecided. I do spend roughly $1500-$2000 a month on my card. 

Message 30 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.