Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommend a good rebuilder?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recommend a good rebuilder?

OK, so I am rebuilding my credit like every else here. I recently had both judgments, both defaulted student loans and some bogus credit card debts deleted off reports. I have rehabbed my student loan and it is now listed as a positive account (only on EX so far). My Fiance added me to her AMEX Blue and Chase as an AU. I also just opened a Crown Jewelers account.

In the past I've had all the bad credit credit cards.

First Premier

Orchard

Tribute

All went to collections. Basically, is there any other credit cards that i may be able to get? Credit One? juniper? BOA?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Candice
Contributor

Re: Recommend a good rebuilder?

What are your scores?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before all the deletions,

517 across
Message 3 of 6
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Wow, you and I are in the same boat.  Besides Crown Jewelers I opened a Rewards 660 visa-ALOT of fees but, it was reporting the next month after I opened it.

When did you go into collections with those accounts?
Message 4 of 6
Candice
Contributor

I was approved for an Orchard Bank unsecured MasterCard with scores around the 520-540 range. I would try doing a "pre-approval" search on the Orchard Bank website. They are a rebuilder w/ high fees but not as bad as some of the other rebuilders. I think I had a $29 processing fee and $79 annual.

Another good one: Bank of America secured credit card. I was approved with scores of about 515. Minimum deposit is $300.

When scores get around 550 or so, try for a Macys. From what I have heard they do not like to see a lot of inqs though. They do have FANTASTIC customer serive and CLIs ever 90 days.

Others to try when you see a tad jump in your scores are Hooters, Capital One, and Target. Do you have any judgments/public records or collections?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Candice,  was it easy to get BOA secured card?  mine was MBNA/BOA  and its IIB  so I am not sure if I can get BOA secured card.

$500 CL  Orchard Bank ( $39 AF 14.90% )
$400 CL   JCPenny Card
$300 CL First Premier with alot of yucky fees way worst then Orchard Bank will probably dump them in 10-12 months from now.

Message Edited by SnowWalker on 09-15-2008 03:59 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.