Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Credit Card

tag
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Recommended Credit Card

I would appreciate if you guys can recommend me a credit card I could apply for given the following information: FICO SCORE TU: 605, EX: 623 EQ: 639

Balance transfer or 0% is best. Let me know. THanks

HOME DEPOT 420/500 *** NO missed payment. Being paid monthly (opened 2 yrs ago)
HOOTERS 150/1000 *** WILL not use until fully paid , just opened on 12/14
OLD NAVY 80/300 *** NEWLY OPENED CARD, just opened today 12/22
FIRST PREMIER BANK 150/300 *** Opened for 3 months now.

Message Edited by TryingVeryHard on 12-22-2007 07:34 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
heirophant
Established Contributor

Re: Recommended Credit Card

Site has helped me a bunch in deciding on which CC's to apply.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 2 of 7
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

I stumbled across this one, too.  It has been VERY accurate.  You can do a score match search for cards.

Good luck!
Message 3 of 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

TVH, you have 2 or more open rev TL's right?  Who do you have cc's with now?

No BK no unpaid collections?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 7
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

I will edit the Original post to reflect this info you asked. Thanks
Message 5 of 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Thanks TVH, that helps a lot.

Are you getting any pre-app offers, especially WaMu?

Do a quick pre-qual check at both Cap1 and HSBC online to see what they are offering.  If it's anything decent...HSBC is going to give you a better starting CL.

Set up an online account at www.wamu.com so that you can see their MC offer.  You can't see the offer unless you are registered with email addy. Six months of 0 APR for both BT and purchase.  BTs have a fee though.   They're pulling EX lately for a lot of people and you're EX FICO is around what DH had when he got a 0 AF 2.5k CL with a pre-app from them.   I would be very surprised if you were not approved.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 6 of 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

BTW if you can pay down (or off on the smaller ones) some balances (especially HD and FP) to reduce your UTI so that it reports before app, that is ideal.  I know you are wanting the possibility for BTs so I don't know if this is possible.  When DH got approved for WaMu his UTI was in the 30% range give or take a small bit.  This will really increase approval chances and CL.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.