Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon Approved on Chase Freedom!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recon Approved on Chase Freedom!

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone on the forums here!  The backdoor numbers do work and help big time!  So the last time I posted, I had applied for a Crap1 Regular Platinum Card... Was approved for $500.  This time, I applied to chase for a Chase Freedom card, intitially turned down a couple of times, but calling back the 3rd time was a charm.  Since I had an established credit line with them over an auto loan I had years ago, they approved me for $2000! 

So as it stands right now here are my three cards:

Chase Freedom - $2000

Cap1 Platinum -    $500

HSBC Bestbuy-     $2400

Time to hit the garden mode!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Re: Recon Approved on Chase Freedom!

Great success! Bravo!

I am surprised though that they approved you with scores in the low 600s (if the scores you provide in your signature are accurate). 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recon Approved on Chase Freedom!

I should have updated my scores, which I did now... I am in the high 6's and hope to break the 7's with EQ.  But it feels good to be in the prime market!  Now the question is should I close the Cap1, or leave it open as a trade line altogether?  I did read that if you have auto loans, mortgages and student loans, having more open lines of credit will help you.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.