Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon a Walmart application?

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Recon a Walmart application?

@Creditaddict wrote:
they are closed and im not going to bother, it just irritates me, when someone works in the credit department and has the title, but can't do a thing against what the computer says, so what is the point to your job?

to reaffirm the computer and remid you the computer said no lol

Message 11 of 24
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Wait and reapply at another time. They will approve you eventually.

I was turned down on my first try with Wal-Mart in '05 or '06, but was approved the second time in late '07. 

In fact, I thought I was declined on the second try, b/c I got the "7-10 day" response at the end of the online app. process. To my surprise, they called a few days later to verify my identity, and opened the account.

Message Edited by pazuzu on 01-21-2009 07:25 PM

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
they are closed and im not going to bother, it just irritates me, when someone works in the credit department and has the title, but can't do a thing against what the computer says, so what is the point to your job?

Yeah i applied for pay pal a while back an was denied an told they can't override there computer once your denied that's it you have to wait to reply.
Message 13 of 24
FIRSTACCOPLISHMENT

THEY APPROVED MY DH AND HIS BK 3 YEARS OLD WITH $500 CLSmiley Indifferent 
Message 14 of 24
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Your statement is based on ... what?

@Anonymous wrote:

High CL's beget high CL's, the other way around, i dont agree with.  UNLESS all you have is low CL's.  BofA isnt going to give you a 500 limit just because you have a 500 walmart card, when you also have a 9000 chase account.  Underwriters understand low CL is the nature of the beast when dealing with walmart/target/etc..

@Anonymous wrote:

Low CL's beget low CL's.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Low CL, high APR, why would you want one?

because he is the appaddict!!    =)   If you PIF and have anough CL to buy your groceries for the month, the low CL and high APR doesnt really matter.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 15 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I called and they just upset me. (as I knew they would)

ME: "I was declined, can that be recon or is computer answer the final say"

Her: "What the letter stated is the answer"

ME: "well it says bankruptcy and CLEARLY GE Walmart gives cards to people with Bankruptcy, so I'm not sure why I would be declined"

her: "Well if you already got the letter and thats what the letter states, that's the only thing I can tell you, I really don't know anything else, what the computer says is the answer"

ME: BYE

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I called and they just upset me. (as I knew they would)

ME: "I was declined, can that be recon or is computer answer the final say"

Her: "What the letter stated is the answer"

ME: "well it says bankruptcy and CLEARLY GE Walmart gives cards to people with Bankruptcy, so I'm not sure why I would be declined"

her: "Well if you already got the letter and thats what the letter states, that's the only thing I can tell you, I really don't know anything else, what the computer says is the answer"

ME: BYE

Told u lol GE does not recon i tried twice before . Just wait six months an reply again.
Message 17 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I need to remember how much I hate GE for personal cards when I feel like I just have to apply for something.

I do NOT need any of the cards that GE offers, I have most of them already anyway, through some way or another.

Dillards

Ebay Mastercard

American Eagle

Gap

I mean, I have a Walmart business card and they keep increasing my credit line, why bother with a personal... just pisses me off that they let the computer decide all things important when it comes to there cardholders.

the ebay mastercard cli denial i got today says they pulled credit, but i think they just use past reports, that would piss me off even more! 

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I base that statement on the fact that 95% of the Walmart/Target store cards underwriters see on credit reports are toy limits.  Unless the underwriter is incompetent, they will see the patern and not make a lending decision based on that particular limit.

@wmarat wrote:

Your statement is based on ... what?

@Anonymous wrote:

High CL's beget high CL's, the other way around, i dont agree with.  UNLESS all you have is low CL's.  BofA isnt going to give you a 500 limit just because you have a 500 walmart card, when you also have a 9000 chase account.  Underwriters understand low CL is the nature of the beast when dealing with walmart/target/etc..

@Anonymous wrote:

Low CL's beget low CL's.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

because he is the appaddict!!    =)   If you PIF and have anough CL to buy your groceries for the month, the low CL and high APR doesnt really matter.

Message Edited by fender on 01-22-2009 06:04 PM
Message 19 of 24
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not always true. I am rebuilding, had a BK in 04 and got a WalMart Discover in August with a 2K CL and 9.9 APR.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.