cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon for Chase Freedom, very new to this.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recon for Chase Freedom, very new to this.

So i got the dreaded news that I got denied for the Chase Freedom.  I will tell you a little about my finances and where I stand.  I recently graduated college, I make 52k a year and is in the process of taking over my complete finances.  I've had credit cards since I was 18 (23 now) and my credit score is 719.  I have a few baddies, I have two 30 day lates from around 2 years ago.  I have 3 hard inq's including the Chase Freedom rejected inq (I got rejected for AMEX Clear a few months ago and last month got accepted for AMEX Zync.   It says my avaiable credit on accounts is too low, I have around 6.5k in credit through my BofA (3k), Juniper (3.2k), and then my Zync card.   I have paid off all my revolving debt as of today.  Time of application, I think there was ULT around 25%

Would I be wasting my time trying to recon this, or do I have a fair shot?  First time ever doing this but I would assume that I get the back door number and call them up and just ask them to reconsider my application.  I don't mind starting with a very low limit either or any other options that I could get for them to just accept me.

Thanks,

Ricky

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Recon for Chase Freedom, very new to this.

Chase do not like seeing a lot of recent inquiries.  But I don't think they denied you soley because of 3 inquiries .  AMEX and Chase want to see you pay down those  balances before extending you credit.  Try the recon method.  All they can say is approve or decline. 

Message 2 of 4
vish1
Valued Contributor

My thought is that you have a fair chance at recon. In the worst case, they can decline you which is no worse than the current.

I will say, give it a shot.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 3 of 4
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

They are also fairly sensitive to new accounts.  Don't like to see much anything newer than 6 months.

Do you have any banking relationship with Chase at all?

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.