Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon with Cap1?

tag
-Furbz-
Contributor

Recon with Cap1?

I need some help/suggestions

knowing that i was going to stop applying for credit in a few i said well let me go to cap1 site and see if im pre-approved for anything!

to my surprise i was approved for their ventureone rewards card. ( i already have 2 accounts with them)

before i hit the apply button i called cap1 and spoke to one of their credit analyst and asked

i have two account with you, do you guys have a set limit on the accounts one can have

the answer was No! you can have more than 2 cards!

so, like a dummy- or not, i went and applied, i got the denial yesterday, reason, i already have the maximum cards allowed by CapitalOne

What kind of BS is this!!? should i call the backdoor number? what do i say? what number do i call? (there are like 6 diffrent numbers)

Help

-Sorry for the long post

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Recon with Cap1?

Thats odd , I have 3

Message 2 of 4
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Hey furbz and john398, I think Capital One just changed their limit about a month ago so CSRs may not be fully informed of this.  They've become more 'conservative'.  The good part is it should say they did not pull a credit report, therefore, no dings for this app.  Somehow most of us ended up with the Classic Platinum AND No Hassle Cash Rewards cards (the 2 most ppl are describing).  Although I pre-qualified for the VentureOne the avg score for approval is > 720 according to CreditKarma.com website.  I would wait a while, then drop the non-rewards before applying for the VentureOne.

Message 3 of 4
-Furbz-
Contributor

Hey Jay- those are exactly the 2 cards that i have with them- im going to let them age and hopefully they both grow with me, if not one is getting the boot Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.