Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon with Patelco - Letter Enclosed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recon with Patelco - Letter Enclosed

I recently applied for a Patelco CC and was declined due to a couple of accounts listed on my EX report.  One was a collection that I disputed and has since fallen off since my application (3 weeks) and another for a CC with WAMU/Providian that I belive is reporting incorrectly.

Below is the recon letter I send to Patelco yesterday, and wanted to share with with the forum to get feedback and thoughts on the possble outcome (all guesses I know, but it's fun to theorize until they respond).  Smiley Very Happy

If anyone has any similar recon stories to share......while I'm waiting for a respose, please share. 

This was addressed to the Central Lending Credit Manager.

Dear Credit Manager,

I recently applied for a Patelco MasterCard (3/11/08) and was declined for what appears to be reasons associated with a collection item on my Experian credit report (Security Credit for $1387).

I am requesting reconsideration because since the application with you, which made me aware of the collection, I have disputed this item and it has been removed from my credit report.

In addition, when I called to inquire about the reconsideration process, a very nice Patelco CSR named Larry, explained that it was possible that an additional account listed from Washington Mutual / Providian may be a cause for declination as well, and I wanted an opportunity to explain that account fully so that you had a complete picture for your decision.

As you can see from the Experian credit report that I pulled today and included with this fax (new score 654) , the WAMU/Providian account went delinquent 5 years ago, and is also being reported under Portfolio Recovery & Affil with the same account # and the same amount ($2744). 

First, WAMU should no longer be reporting this account as they transferred / sold it to Portfolio.  Second, the balance with Portfolio is incorrect as they were paid through the Ch 13 process.  I have disputed the WAMU item with Experian, but it comes back as “verified” each time.  I also recently disputed the amount due from Portfolio, as it should have a zero balance.

Finally, I think you can plainly see from my recent credit activity, that I take my credit obligations very seriously and pay all creditors on time, every time.  In addition, if you look at my report, I have some relatively substantial trade lines for $2,500 - $7,500, which I believe are a good indication that I am a good credit risk for lenders, and continue to demonstrate that, through responsible borrowing and timely payments.

I hope that you will reconsider my MasterCard application with a credit limit of $3,500.  I am building new relationships 5 years after my bankruptcy, and Patelco appears to be an excellent institution from the referrals I have received.

If you would like to discuss further, please don’t hesitate to give me a call (XXX-XXX-XXX) or you can request additional information via e-mail to xxxx@blah-blah-blah.com.  Please feel free to send your credit decision to my e-mail address as well.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recon with Patelco - Letter Enclosed

bump....
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Recon with Patelco - Letter Enclosed

Hi, Tex --you have some pm's (private messages.) The little envelope on the top right of your screen should be a weird pumpkin orange color. Please click on it. (sorry, this is in reference to some other threads.) thanks
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.