Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon

tag
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

Recon

What is the process of a recon? I applied for an Amex green card and was denied. Do you call the 800 number and speak with a CSR and ask for it? Is it something they can perform over the phone completely or does it require someone to contact me back later? Any info would be appreciated.
NFCU Flagship - 24k; CapOne Venture - 12k; Chase Slate - 9k; Chase Sapphire - 7.5k; NFCU NavChek - 5k; Amex BCE - 6.5k; Discover IT - 6k; BarClays - 9k;
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Recon

Welcome to the forum!

To answer your question, recon can be calling and speaking with an analyst to explain the items on your cr. basically change their mind. Amex is far more difficult to recon in that manner cause there needs to be an error on the cr they pulled- for the most part.

You can call and they will likely tell you to fax your cr along with a letter. Amex recons may result in an additional Hp as well.

What were the reasons for the denial?
Message 2 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Emdee_MD wrote:
What is the process of a recon? I applied for an Amex green card and was denied. Do you call the 800 number and speak with a CSR and ask for it? Is it something they can perform over the phone completely or does it require someone to contact me back later? Any info would be appreciated.

You can call AMEX but they are a very hard cookie to crack if what they denied you for is accurate. There has to be inaccuracies for them to reconsider.

AmEx:  800-567-1083 (App Status - Use with caution if attempting a denied app recon; have been advised by one member that they can only resubmit app with another hard pull)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 10
NewBreed
New Contributor

Quick question for this forum on Recon.... anyone know which number to call to get approved for a Discover IT card? I want that in my wallet

Cap One Cash Back UnSecured: 1.5K
Chase Freedom: 2k
Chase Slate: 2k
Discover IT: 1K.
AmEx Green: NPSL
Message 4 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@NewBreed wrote:

Quick question for this forum on Recon.... anyone know which number to call to get approved for a Discover IT card? I want that in my wallet

1800 DISCOVER or 888-676-3695

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 10
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

The reason for denial was a judgement that is on my CR from mid last year. My old apartment complex argued that I did not give them 2 month notice before my lease ended that I would not be renewing and auto-renewed. It ended up being for $3,400 because I was too naive to try and resolve the issue and let it go to court. The Judgement has been satisfied since Feb of this year, so I figured I would give applying a shot. I may have gotten a little credit hungry the past 9 months or so. My AAoA is only 1yr 9mos now because I opened a few new credit lines. ( Target Red Card: $250 / Amazon $600 / Aber&Fit $250 and Jared $5100 ) on top of my older cards. (Cap 1 Orbitz $1k / Cap 1 Plat $500 / and CSP $5k). 

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit, and my goal is to get to the mid 700's and get the Amex BCE. I figured a Charge card with them would help establish a relationship for when I do apply. 

I have no late payments on any of my cards, I had an auto loan from 08-13 which is paid off with no late payments, and I bought a house in August of 12' with no late payments there. However, I am carrying about 87% util on my CSP which I have been paying down each month. I use the 2 capital one cards monthly and run about 50-75$ on them and pay them at each billing cycle. 

I guess at this point, time will be my best friend. I have a lot of INQ on my CR. but that didnt show on the reason for denial. 

NFCU Flagship - 24k; CapOne Venture - 12k; Chase Slate - 9k; Chase Sapphire - 7.5k; NFCU NavChek - 5k; Amex BCE - 6.5k; Discover IT - 6k; BarClays - 9k;
Message 6 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Emdee_MD wrote:

The reason for denial was a judgement that is on my CR from mid last year. My old apartment complex argued that I did not give them 2 month notice before my lease ended that I would not be renewing and auto-renewed. It ended up being for $3,400 because I was too naive to try and resolve the issue and let it go to court. The Judgement has been satisfied since Feb of this year, so I figured I would give applying a shot. I may have gotten a little credit hungry the past 9 months or so. My AAoA is only 1yr 9mos now because I opened a few new credit lines. ( Target Red Card: $250 / Amazon $600 / Aber&Fit $250 and Jared $5100 ) on top of my older cards. (Cap 1 Orbitz $1k / Cap 1 Plat $500 / and CSP $5k). 

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit, and my goal is to get to the mid 700's and get the Amex BCE. I figured a Charge card with them would help establish a relationship for when I do apply. 

I have no late payments on any of my cards, I had an auto loan from 08-13 which is paid off with no late payments, and I bought a house in August of 12' with no late payments there. However, I am carrying about 87% util on my CSP which I have been paying down each month. I use the 2 capital one cards monthly and run about 50-75$ on them and pay them at each billing cycle. 

I guess at this point, time will be my best friend. I have a lot of INQ on my CR. but that didnt show on the reason for denial. 

Your correct that time will be your friend. I think AMEX may be a year or so away. Let the baddies / new accounts age for a bit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

IMO there would be no point at recon with a judgment that has not aged and a nearly maxed out cc.
Let the inq's, new accts and judgment age. In a year or so, if your util is much lower you should be fine.

Edit: LS you type quick!
Message 8 of 10
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

I guess the best thing is that the judgement is satisfied, pif. let the waiting game begin /;

Message 9 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Emdee_MD wrote:

I guess the best thing is that the judgement is satisfied, pif. let the waiting game begin /;

Good decision to wait BRAVO

Do a search for GW for best results

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.