Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Card-Is it worth it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Red Card-Is it worth it?

creditworthyagain wrote:
Approved for $200. But decided to cancel card.  Did not know that was normal. 

If you still want it it could be pretty easy to reopen depending on how long its been closed.

Message 11 of 18
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Thanks for all of the replies.  I have a pretty good idea what I should do now.  BTW Brammy if the checkout person approves me for the card, technically I didn't have to apply or fill out an app. so I'm not going against Sleigh Center policy.Smiley Very Happy
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

SpecFile wrote:
Thanks for all of the replies.  I have a pretty good idea what I should do now.  BTW Brammy if the checkout person approves me for the card, technically I didn't have to apply or fill out an app. so I'm not going against Sleigh Center policy.Smiley Very Happy

No fair, you wrote the policy manual. You know where all the loopholes are!
Message 13 of 18
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Smiley Very Happy

sleigh17 wrote:

SpecFile wrote:

No fair, you wrote the policy manual. You know where all the loopholes are!

Smiley Very Happy
Message 14 of 18
George2037
Regular Contributor

Just got a $200 limit, with a 688 equifax Fico????

Anyways, I only have two other store cards and wanted to make my "Mix" a little better.  I figure $200 limit is better than nothing, as long as I keep it $0
Message 15 of 18
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

I am putting this on in the sock drawer as well.  Been with them for 2 years and cant catch a break. Going to put it away for the time being.  Should i fake to close the account?  Sometimes that works.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

laryn41 wrote:
I am putting this on in the sock drawer as well.  Been with them for 2 years and cant catch a break. Going to put it away for the time being.  Should i fake to close the account?  Sometimes that works.

I wouldn't threaten it, I would lt them know that you are considering it.  You may be hit with a response.  'Okay ma'am would you like me to close that for you today?'. Target used to be credit sticklers when it came to the VISA average FICO 740. I know that hey are in the process of converting more to the Target card but I think thy are only doing them a few at a time.  Be patient, use it sparingly and they may convert and increase.

Target just wasn't on my normal route so I had to make an effort to stopby every three months or so and buy pet food or whatever.  Think they just figured if they converted it to VISA I could use it in more places.  Worked.  I have used that card more since it had the VISA logo than since I got it.  But at that interest rate still treat it like a store card ad PIF

Message 17 of 18
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

Gotcha thank you.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.