Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Roof Visa cards are no more, effective 3/1/17

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Red Roof Visa cards are no more, effective 3/1/17

After checking to see if the usual pre-approval popped for the Red Roof Visa (which I never accept but like to see anyway) I found out the Red Roof Visa is being cancelled. Per the Red Roof site:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE REDICARD+®VISA® CREDIT CARD WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS PROGRAM.

If you are a current cardholder, you can continue using your RediCard+Visa credit card until 2/28/2017. Your RediCard+Visa credit card will not be accepted for purchases after 3/1/17.

Points Info: You will receive RediCard points for purchases made on your card prior to March 1, 2017 and these points will remain in your RediCard account as provided by Red Roof.

Balance Info: If you have a balance on your account, Comenity Bank will continue to service your account and you will continue receiving billing statements until the balance is paid in full.

Contact Info: For more information regarding your RediCard+Visa credit card, please contact Comenity Bank at 1-866-271-2520 (TDD/TTY 1-800-695-1788).

The RediCard+®Visa® and RediCard+®Visa® Signature credit card accounts are issued by Comenity Bank, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Re: Red Roof Visa cards are no more, effective 3/1/17

That sucks. Weren't these cards fairly new too?

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 2 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Another one on the out.

Good thing that I didn't bite on the preapprovals that they mailed for this one.

Thank You for chiming in with this info.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two nights ago, when I got my Sam's Club MC up to $10,000, I had logged into the Red Roof Inn account wanting to see the pre-approval.  It was fun for months.  But it wasn't there last time I checked.  Now I know why.  They must have felt like it wasn't increasing occupancy so why even mess with it.  I am a bit concerned on my co-branded Comenity cards because at any time they can stop servicing the company attached to it.  As a matter of fact, I think Sams was recently an AmEx product.

Message 4 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

That card didnt last long.. What about 8-12 months?  Sucks for people that applied and had it.

Message 5 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

That card didnt last long.. What about 8-12 months?  Sucks for people that applied and had it.

Remember VitaCost? That one didn't last very long either.

Message 6 of 15
happypill
Valued Contributor

That sucks.  I wonder if it is better to call in and close the account, or just wait until the program ends.

Message 7 of 15
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Was it anything special for regular guests? Or people are just sad for utilization/AAoA reasons?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 15
thummel
Established Contributor

I applied for this card but didn't end up getting it because my utilization was a bit high. Glad I don't have it now after seeing there discontinuing it. That was a very short lived card.
Message 9 of 15
redpat
Senior Contributor

They might have had a high default rate, it's the Red Roof not Marriott, Hyatt, SPG or IHG.

It's tough to have a credit card for low end Hotels, demographically speaking.  Choice Hotels has a bigger footprint for this market.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.