cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redeeming Thank You points for a previously paid for Airline Ticket?

tag
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Redeeming Thank You points for a previously paid for Airline Ticket?

Hello all,

Anyone with Thank You points knowledg: I'll be able to hit the 50,000 bonus points on Thank You Premier in 2,3 months. I'm wondering if I can just buy an airline ticket right now with the Card and then redeem the Thank You points 2 months down the line for this same ticket?

I want to pay for the ticket a few months ahead of time as the prices usually shoot up if I want to book just 2-3 weeks before flying.

So, right now I don't have the bonus points and they'll be available 2-3 months later. I believe if I buy a ticket now, I won't be able to kind of redeem it 2,3 months down the line? 

I do not wish to just convert the points to statement credit as that means $500 vs if I buy the ticket with thank you points which gives $625 credit via Thank You website's flight booking section.

Thank you

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.