Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redstone Pre-Approval...Pure Temptation

tag
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Redstone Pre-Approval...Pure Temptation

Since joining Redstone FCU, I've been relationship-building with some ongoing deposits, expanding savings, etc. The plan has been to apply for the Visa sig sometime in the near future, and possibly couple it with a Chase app when i'm 4/24 this summer. However, while keeping my powder dry, I just received this:

RedstoneFCU Pre-Approval1.png

RedstoneFCU Pre-Approval2.png

Very tempting, like someone left the garden gate open and is dangling a beer for the taking. Good to see that Redstone does their grouping of pre-approvals similar to Affinity FCU. I would imagine an acceptance of the offer would be SP, but maybe not? Not a huge fan of the 10k CL being offerred, but perhaps a call in to UW after acceptance might yield a better result.

Should i bite? Any Redstone insight is appreciated, especially anyone who has accepted a pre-approval. Please share your experience, thanks!

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: Redstone Pre-Approval...Pure Temptation

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Since joining Redstone FCU, I've been relationship-building with some ongoing deposits, expanding savings, etc. The plan has been to apply for the Visa sig sometime in the near future, and possibly couple it with a Chase app when i'm 4/24 this summer. However, while keeping my powder dry, I just received this:

RedstoneFCU Pre-Approval1.png

RedstoneFCU Pre-Approval2.png

Very tempting, like someone left the garden gate open and is dangling a beer for the taking. Good to see that Redstone does their grouping of pre-approvals similar to Affinity FCU. I would imagine an acceptance of the offer would be SP, but maybe not? Not a huge fan of the 10k CL being offerred, but perhaps a call in to UW after acceptance might yield a better result.

Should i bite? Any Redstone insight is appreciated, especially anyone who has accepted a pre-approval. Please share your experience, thanks!

Hey congradulations on all the great offers listed. I have the card in question and absolutely love it. If you like cash back this one can make you quite a bit of it. As to the CL im afraid to say that Redstone only goes to a maximum of 10K on the VS card. They changed that rule last year I think. They used to go as high as 50K but that is no more. Only people that are basically grandfathered in can have higher Cls than 10K. So if you are looking for a high CL this will never go higher than 10K unless they decide to change the rules again. Either way its a keeper card. Best of luck to you whatever you decide.

Message 2 of 41
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

That's a very nice array of pre-approvals so my advice @PullingMeSoftly is this. Take that boat, and hook it to the RV, and take a little extended vacay to a quiet camping spot at the lake. While you're out floating on your boat enjoying that beer that lured you out of the garden and feel just a bit better about that "measly" 10k Visa Signature approval Smiley Very Happy (all in good natured jest) Best of luck with making a decision!

Message 3 of 41
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@JoeRockhead wrote:

That's a very nice array of pre-approvals so my advice @PullingMeSoftly is this. Take that boat, and hook it to the RV, and take a little extended vacay to a quiet camping spot at the lake. While you're out floating on your boat enjoying that beer that lured you out of the garden and feel just a bit better about that "measly" 10k Visa Signature approval Smiley Very Happy (all in good natured jest) Best of luck with making a decision!

Pure gold @JoeRockhead, awesome plan, love it

Message 4 of 41
Traveler101
Established Contributor

What? No wings? Good luck on the angel or devil OP, whichever you decide.

Message 5 of 41
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

@hawkins wrote:

Redstone only goes to a maximum of 10K on the VS card. They changed that rule last year I think. 

Interesting.  Thank you for the data point, I did not know that!  

Message 6 of 41
Vash
Valued Member

Hi, I have a question.

How long after you joined Redstone did you get those pre approved offers?

I joined them more than two months ago.  And as of 1/1/2024, I see no offer at all.  

Message 7 of 41
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Looking at PMS's ( @PullingMeSoftly  ) sig, looks like he never went for it.  

For me, the Redstone Visa Sig is the most impressive card I don't quite need.  5% rest's and gas all year long is amazing but I almost always have those two cats covered with my rotators.  3% on those 6 cats is wonderful but my AOD (for now) gets 3% on everything.  And the 1.5% base is great, especially when you misjudge a 5% cat and end up with 1%.  But I just don't quite need this great card. 

Also, the overly confusing .5 point system is a big turn off for me, even if it does translate to a true 5%/3%/1.5% CB at the end of the day.  

This card, hands down, is the best card I don't want to apply for.  Smiley LOL

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 8 of 41
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Seems like a nice card Smiley Happy

Is Redstone geo-fenced?

What CB do they pull from?

Potential Future Cards
Message 9 of 41
mgood
Valued Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

For me, the Redstone Visa Sig is the most impressive card I don't quite need.  5% rest's and gas all year long is amazing but I almost always have those two cats covered with my rotators.  3% on those 6 cats is wonderful but my AOD (for now) gets 3% on everything.  And the 1.5% base is great, especially when you misjudge a 5% cat and end up with 1%.  But I just don't quite need this great card. 

This is me. I have all that stuff covered 90% of the time. It could possibly simplify my setup,  one card doing what I currently use two or three cards for. It's on my list of cards that might be nice to have some day, but not a priority right now. 

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 23
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.