cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redstone Visa Signature now has 5% Cash Back on Restaurants and Gas!

tag
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

Re: Redstone Visa Signature now has 5% Cash Back on Restaurants and Gas!

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Hmmn, nice and wow.  Thanks for finding this @Tyrannos.   

There happens to be a $150 SUB for $3,000 in 90 days and  0% BT for 6 months with and an undisclosed/unknown BT fee.

5% Restaurants beats my no AF Savor.

5% Gas beats my Penfed Platinum Rewards.

3% Utilities beats my Barclays Rewards

Yeah, this card looks like its putting a lot of cards to SHAME.

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 41 of 63
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@hawkins wrote:

Says cash back but am I reading correctly that it is only worth .05? If so then what am I missing here? Seems not such a good deal if that's the case. I must be missing something I will read more on it later when time permits to find out if something is missing.

Points are worth .50cpp, but you get double points, so instead of being a 5%/3%/1.5% card, it's more like a 10%/6%/3% card. But since points are worth half, it basically comes back down to a 5%/3%/1.5% card as advertised. Kinda convoluted, but still accurate. Here is a more thorough explanation:

@Rockysocks wrote:

Nice find! Definitely on my near-future radar. I swear, that point accrual system threw me for a loop. According to their "See How Fast Your Rewards Can Add Up" chart via the link, it appears the card is a true 5/3/1.5 card, but you'll accrue double (10/6/3) points. Then, when cashing out the points, they redeem at 0.5 cpp, so it halves your 10/6/3 and brings you back to a true 5%/3%/1.5% on purchases. No big deal, just quirky (and something to keep in mind when you check your points and think, "WHOA I HAVE $100!" when you see your points total as 10,000. Nope, you have $50).

I still get confused by my NASA FCU card that earns points that are worth 1.5c each.  So 1 point per $, but a total of 1.5%, vs the more usual 1.5 points per $, with each point worth 1c.

Message 42 of 63
Beefy1212
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

One thing to be taken from this post is don't do what I do ever as usually the opposite is the correct thing.

As CC's take away from this post is don't follow his lead, the correct thing is to not listen to his advice?

Message 43 of 63
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I'm starting to feel bad for this CU  

If you guys want it, better hop on it before it's AOD'ed 

Message 44 of 63
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Or before it's Dover'ed (aka gets overwhelmed with apps and slows application processing to a crawl).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 45 of 63
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

And, this is why we can't have nice things 🫠

Message 46 of 63
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Beefy1212 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

One thing to be taken from this post is don't do what I do ever as usually the opposite is the correct thing.

As CC's take away from this post is don't follow his lead, the correct thing is to not listen to his advice?

Satire perhaps? 🤷‍♂️

Message 47 of 63
Rockysocks
Frequent Contributor

Decided not to app since the everyday gain was so minimal compared to my current lineup, so y'all can praise me now for delaying the great purge (by one app less, but still!) Lol! I hope everything who wants it, gets it!

Message 48 of 63
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Rockysocks wrote:

Decided not to app since the everyday gain was so minimal compared to my current lineup, so y'all can praise me now for delaying the great purge (by one app less, but still!) Lol! I hope everything who wants it, gets it!

I went above and beyond and called to tell them I wasn't applying.  I said that they might get a sudden rush of apps from some fringe group on the web but not to worry, they are all credit worthy and low spenders and not in it for the rewards in any way.

Message 49 of 63
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

It's a super standout card, no doubt about it.  But I too will not be applying for now.  Anything 3% and below is not needed - covered with AOD for now.  And 5% gas and dining all year is stupendous for one card, but I can't remember a quarter I couldn't get 5% (or more) in these cats with my current cards.  But big knuckle bump to all those who get it.  Congrats and enjoy!  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 50 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.