Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reducing credit cards, a new adventure

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Reducing credit cards, a new adventure

AJC

Can I ask what cards you currently have now? And even what their limits are (if not, just the cards will do)

Sorta would like to have an idea where your are.....Seeing some approvals, and seeing some stuff from you in other threads...

-J

Message 161 of 172
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I'll post it when I get home later J, work is slow today even with Moms day tomorrow. I gotta talk with Jago to see if he can do my siggy lol. Will be backSmiley Wink
Message 162 of 172
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just found this thread. Gonna read through it for some info, especially since I am going to close my second card. I had closed a Cap1 Platinum since it hasn't shown any signs of growth since I opened it in 2006. So I combined it with my QS1, since I at least get some value from it.
Message 163 of 172
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good job Rjw170Smiley Happy

It's always good to twerk our lineup as we progressSmiley Happy

Jolt, am having siggy surgery lol, hopefully it'll be up soonSmiley Happy
Message 164 of 172
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Great.

AJC twerking.

I needed THAT image in my head...

Smiley Tongue

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 165 of 172
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Great.

AJC twerking.

I needed THAT image in my head...

Smiley Tongue

I'm going to have trouble sleeping tonight. But that's just my chronic insomnia. Smiley Wink

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 166 of 172
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha, I actually regretted that use of word as I wrote it knowing Tcbo twerks his credit more than most of usSmiley Wink
Message 167 of 172
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Following Dave Ramsey so I've closed out all of my cards except one. Plan to close that one eventually as well. I will never need credit or go into debt ever again. That is a tremendous sense of freedom and well being there. BTW my credit score keeps going up the more cards I close. I can't explain it, but I now have the highest score I have ever had and I have eliminated almost 100% of my non-mortgage debt and lines of credit. All I have is one card, an auto loan (this will be eliminated next), and a mortgage (which I am projected to pay off in 5 years, a full 15 years early) Almost done with Baby Step 2. 

Congratulations. Your progress is enviable.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 168 of 172
stinastina
Established Contributor

How do I get rid of Credit One ? I canceled my account in April with a zero balance. I called in May to make sure it was canceled and had them send me a letter stating it was canceled. I just got a bill for finance charges for April due in june. Is this ever going to be over ?  

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 169 of 172
Datx
Valued Contributor

@stinastina wrote:

How do I get rid of Credit One ? I canceled my account in April with a zero balance. I called in May to make sure it was canceled and had them send me a letter stating it was canceled. I just got a bill for finance charges for April due in june. Is this ever going to be over ?  

Did you cancel your Credit One account mid cycle? If so, that may be the reason why. Even though you paid off your balance to $0, your statement has not yet cut. Therefore you still owe the interest on last month's charges. Credit One is probably the only creditor that starts charging interest when a charge posts. 

I actually did the exact same thing. I paid them off earlier this month with a zero balance. Called them to closed my account. And I now just received my May statement with a $5 interest charge. Paid them off and I am feeling good about moving on from them.

Message 170 of 172
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.