cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refused to Give Citi Banking Info , CLI Given anyway?

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Refused to Give Citi Banking Info , CLI Given anyway?

It was that time again for the 3 month Credit Line Increase. . Since the "Request An Increase" stays on now, there was no form, so I called. I asked would there be a HARD and of course was told they don't know, "maybe". They asked for income, and how much I wanted. I am already over 20K so I asked for $1400. By my surprise she started asking for employer info and checking account # ETC. so that's when I stopped her and said well if you are asking for this info then it will probably be a hard and I did not want to proceed, so I was told OK and I can call back when I am ready to give them the banking info I just happen to go back online about an hour later and noticed that I was given an increase of $1,000.00. So I called back to find out what happened and to make sure a hard was not done. I was told it was an auto and no report was pulled. I am trying to figure out why did they do that when I told them not to proceed. I am not complaining. I just don't understand it. Now when I click on the "Request An Increase" the form is there
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Re: Refused to Give Citi Banking Info , CLI Given anyway?

Form has been there for me on my Citi card for eons, well over a year, as well as on my Home Depot card...both have the forms.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 2 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

maybe this is a dumb question, but why do they need your banking information to give you a CLI?

Message 3 of 9
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

maybe this is a dumb question, but why do they need your banking information to give you a CLI?

in case you don't pay.  they need to know where you bank so they can tell the courts where to send the judgement for a freeze on your accounts.  LOL.  Of course, they say "statistically if you have a checking account then you are 'responsible' "...  Ha!   I think my assessment is more accurate.  Smiley Tongue

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 4 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

but don't they already have your checking account information, if you pay online?  i know my credit cards do....but i guess some people might still snail mail their payments in?

Message 5 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Tazman81 wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

in case you don't pay.  they need to know where you bank so they can tell the courts where to send the judgement for a freeze on your accounts.  LOL.  Of course, they say "statistically if you have a checking account then you are 'responsible' "...  Ha!   I think my assessment is more accurate.  Smiley Tongue

It may be a good theory but if that was the case they would never get anything worth while from me. I have 16 banking institutions including CU's i do banking with and when I give my banking information when applying for CC's I give them the one with a whopping $250 just for that purpose, so it  just sits there to keep account opened.

After my horrific banking experience I had several years ago with putting all my eggs in one basket I learned my lesson the hard way!

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 6 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

that's pretty smart!

Message 7 of 9
plasticguy
Established Contributor

The form asks for your Bank Name Phone Number and Account #
Message 8 of 9
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

"when I give my banking information when applying for CC's I give them the one with a whopping $250 just for that purpose, so it  just sits there to keep account opened."

@JM-AM -- I've got you beat. Out of spite, I didn't close DW's and my checking accounts when we switched banks. Instead I switched the account type to the bank's no minimum balance, free checking account and left $1 in the account. They can have that account info.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.