Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the Garden and "The Itch"

tag
VinceYoung
Valued Member

Regarding the Garden and "The Itch"

Hey everyone!

So as some of you know I went on an app spree the other day. I got approved for 4/5 cards and I will be doing a recon on the 5th when I get the denial letter. But here is the strange thing, I don't have the itch that seems to be spreading throughout the garden!

I know this sounds crazy! Maybe it is because I went 5 years without even getting a CC, or the fact that I had one for almost 1.5y before getting another, but I just don't seem to want other ones. As I grow, along with my career, I may ask for a PC or keep my current cards and open a different one, but I just don't see the reason why I would app for other ones.

I will say, however, that I do kind of regret not applying for the Citi rewards card because it offers a bonus for utilities. I had contacted my providers for all my utilities and asked them if I could go 1-2 months without paying because I planned on paying them in full with the credit card (for rewards) and they were ok with that! So I currently have about $1,000 in utils to bring up to date, then I was going to use the other cards to pay in advance for the next few months, freeing up cash to either invest or to pay down the Util on the cards so that I had one reporting 1-9% util AND get all my nifty free cash (from cash back!)

Although I do regretting not getting the Citi, I don't even want to get one! DO... NOT... WANT! I don't say need, because I don't NEED any of these. I don't say, decided not too. I simply don't. I can easily get my 3 cash back cards to their needed spending limits within three months and easily PIF before their 0%APR is up (12/15/18 respectively).

So we will see how it goes... Until then it's gardening time until my car breaks down and I need a new one, or I get this job offer I've been looking into and make MORE than enough to PIF all 3 cards after maxing them out several times a month and then decide to get a new car. I am hoping that my current car can hold up for 6m-1y, and use the cards to get some quick repairs on them but I am really hoping to primarily use the cards for their bonus categories while getting to the limit needed for the sign up offers to maximize my returns, then stick with one card throughout the year (unless one of the other one offers a better bonus for what I will be primarily spending in)

Anyways, no real reason to this post other than to encourage, and perhaps inspire?? other gardeners! Just don't think about those silly apps. Think about what you can and can't take care of on your own financial grounds, and think, "Well would I really be able to maximize my benifits if I get this card???"

Vince out Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 637
Current Score: EQ:712 TransRISK: 724
Goal Score: 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Regarding the Garden and "The Itch"

Glad to hear your itch has been scratched for awhile. It is a relief when you can sit back and enjoy what you have gathered. Personally, I will satisfy an itch by req CLIs from my GE cards. I opened quite a few cards in the past 6 mos and it would be to my detriment to continue pulling the trigger.

Not sure when I'm leaving the garden. Putting an exact timeframe would make me more agitated. So, for me I am content enjoying the fruits of my labor.
Message 2 of 14
colindidit
Established Contributor

@lexie that's what I'm doing to avoid the itch calling underwriting every so often!
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 3 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@colindidit - I'll be making my rounds in April. Lol
Message 4 of 14
colindidit
Established Contributor

Lol. I'll be trying for Walmart again in two weeks, gonna try to get it up to snuff with my other GE limits!
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 5 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Goodluck! I want to wait for my new cards to post- much higher CL's - for some reason I think they look at other CL's. It's just my opinion.
Message 6 of 14
colindidit
Established Contributor

My highest is 4500 for PayPal and 4000 for Sony 3500 for amazon. Hopefully theyll bring my Walmart to 4000(: good luck to you as well.
Message 7 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 14
colindidit
Established Contributor

3 years this December but just got the increase in November had to call in it was a HP
Message 9 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Ouch! I just got mine- I think I will let the $3000 sit forever- no HP's for me. Lol
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.