Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regions Bank Now Has Pre-Qual for Non-Customers

tag
MacCreed
Valued Member

Re: Regions Bank Now Has Pre-Qual for Non-Customers

How much is a point worth?  More than 1c?  

Message 21 of 54
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

DW was blessed with a 15k card. I had the door slammed in my face 🤪

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 22 of 54
MacCreed
Valued Member

@woodyman100 wrote:

DW was blessed with a 15k card. I had the door slammed in my face 🤪

Oh my!   What is the difference between your profiles if you don't mind sharing?  I am now tempted by the first one. 

Message 23 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried. Nada. My TU is at 641 currently and just reported my newly opened CSP.
Message 24 of 54
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

Doesn't work if you are frozen.

Is this true even for SP? 

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 54
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I really wish more lenders let you know the limits like Regions does and a few other lenders such as apple before deciding to move forward.  Looking at you Discover Smiley Happy.  Save both you and the lender a headache imho.  As if you arent happy they dont waste money on creating card and getting it cancelled shortly after and those type of things.  Seems like simple business sense to me, but sure lenders have a reason for their madness...

Very much agree.  I think it would be a smoother process all around.  This is very cool though, albeit- I don't live in the ''region''.  I am familiar with the bank however and believe it's one of the best in the areas to get in with.  I have family who have done business with them their entire lives and Regions takes care of its customers. 

Message 26 of 54
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@prolificjinx23 wrote:

Doesn't work if you are frozen.

Is this true even for SP? 

You must be UNFROOZEN for a SP against your TU....

Message 27 of 54
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

Stupid question but how can I get monitoring alerts from MyFico & CK SP's if they're frozen but can't get a SP to be pre-qual'd for a card? Forgive me for my lack of knowledge on this subject Smiley Embarassed

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 54
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@prolificjinx23 wrote:

Stupid question but how can I get monitoring alerts from MyFico & CK SP's if they're frozen but can't get a SP to be pre-qual'd for a card? Forgive me for my lack of knowledge on this subject Smiley Embarassed

I can't answer your question, but I can offer that this isn't unique to Regions... Synchrony also can't SP through a freeze, and that's even when you already have an account with them (which I've always thought was especially odd).

Message 29 of 54
Aim_High
Senior Contributor

Thanks, @UncleB  Smiley Happy

I couldn't help myself, had to check prequals even though I don't need these.  Lol

Approved.  Same rates as best offered so far (their lowest) and $15K limits per card.

Regions_01.jpg

Regions_02.jpg

Regions_03.jpgRegions_04.jpg

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.