Did you mean: 

Regions Bank Now Has Pre-Qual for Non-Customers

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Regions Bank Now Has Pre-Qual for Non-Customers

@Aim_High wrote:

Thanks, @UncleB  Smiley Happy

I couldn't help myself, had to check prequals even though I don't need these.  Lol

Approved.  Same rates as best offered so far (their lowest) and $15K limits per card.

Regions_01.jpg

Regions_02.jpg

Regions_03.jpgRegions_04.jpg

very nice when i got mine it was for 13k which was good enough for me also with best aprs 4 months ago.  Not the best cards, but fun playing with pre-quals and if you are collector like myself you just cant say no Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 54
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

very nice when i got mine it was for 13k which was good enough for me also with best aprs 4 months ago.  Not the best cards, but fun playing with pre-quals and if you are collector like myself you just cant say no Smiley Happy

+1

I would be a liar if I said I wasn't tempted... Regions is actually the only lender from the "good old days" that I've not made peace with (i.e. opened an account).  It would 'complete me' (ha) in a sense, but it would also be redundant right now so I'm trying to hold firm.

I even told myself that their 'lime green' is annoying, although I admit the more I look at it the more it grows on me... LOL. Smiley Tongue

Message 32 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB ......should I keep an eye on the approvals forum 👀 

Message 33 of 54
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL, I know, right?  Smiley Very Happy

I think I'll be able to resist... I'm possibly looking at something from Citi in the coming months and I would hate for a card that's only good for $100 to mess up a more lucrative opportunity. Smiley Wink

Message 34 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I'll be able to resist... I'm possibly looking at something from Citi in the coming months and I would hate for a card that's only good for $100 to mess up a more lucrative opportunity. Smiley Wink

Opportunity may knock only once! As to your 'annoyed' over the lime green?! What about the Fidelity 2% Lime Green?!

Message 35 of 54
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Opportunity may knock only once! As to your 'annoyed' over the lime green?! What about the Fidelity 2% Lime Green?!

LOL... I think the Fidelity 2% even has Regions beat for bad shades of green!  Smiley Surprised Smiley Frustrated

Truth be told, while I like an attractive card as much as the next myFICOer I'm not bothered by appearances as long as the rewards/perks are good. 

If the opportunity isn't there in a few months I'll just have to assume it wasn't meant to be anyway.  Hopefully it will be, though, since having another 0% card for BT games would be nice, although with as many BT options as I already have keeping my possibilities open for a sign-up bonus with Citi is my main priority. Smiley Wink

Message 36 of 54
nastalgia
Valued Member

So I've been in the garden for about 6 months and I was tempted by this and was offered 6k limit so I applied for it. I only have 1 inquiry on my TU in the last 3 years so It won't hurt if I even get denied in the long run. my TU 8 is 670

Message 37 of 54
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@nastalgia wrote:

So I've been in the garden for about 6 months and I was tempted by this and was offered 6k limit so I applied for it. I only have 1 inquiry on my TU in the last 3 years so It won't hurt if I even get denied in the long run. my TU 8 is 670

Did you not get an instant approval?

Message 38 of 54
nastalgia
Valued Member

@UncleB wrote:

@nastalgia wrote:

it said Card and card information will be in the mail 7-10. I didn't think it was an instant approval but i could be wrong 

Message 39 of 54
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@nastalgia wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@nastalgia wrote:

it said Card and card information will be in the mail 7-10. I didn't think it was an instant approval but i could be wrong 

I'm with you... while that's an odd way to greet a brand-new customer - most banks are just short of having images of confetti when one is approved - I suppose they figure by giving all the details during the prequal that there's no reason to re-hash.

That said, if after hitting 'submit' the message said "...card and card information" will be in the mail in 7-10 days, to me that sounds like there's a piece of plastic on the way. Smiley Happy

I feel good enough that I'm comfortable saying, "Congrats!" until/unless someone shares a data point that shoots down my assumption. Smiley Wink

Message 40 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.