Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regions Bank Now Has Pre-Qual for Non-Customers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Regions Bank Now Has Pre-Qual for Non-Customers

I personally want confetti to match the joy in my heart Smiley Very Happy but I agree @UncleB , sounds like an approval. Congrats @nastalgia ! 

Message 41 of 54
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

I applied in branch when I was signing up for the checking bonus, and the banker gave me some info:
* The prequals are solid, both what the computer spits out for a limit and APR
* They don't do instant approvals, everything still goes through the UW Dept. My approval took a couple of days

They seem like a pretty decent bank so far, good service, and a user friendly website!
Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 42 of 54
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@heyryan wrote:
I applied in branch when I was signing up for the checking bonus, and the banker gave me some info:
* The prequals are solid, both what the computer spits out for a limit and APR
* They don't do instant approvals, everything still goes through the UW Dept. My approval took a couple of days

They seem like a pretty decent bank so far, good service, and a user friendly website!

Thanks so much for sharing this, @heyryan... especially the part about no instant approvals - that's good to know!

I'm also especially happy to hear that the credit lines and APRs are solid; this will definitely help nudge me over the fence if I get the "itch" again! Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 54
ChiTownTony
Contributor

I just signed up for this card today. I had a problem with their webpage and had to call them. I did get transferred 3 times, but the CSR finished the application over the phone. It was an instant approval. $5000 limit I'm guessing based on my pre-approval. The lady said it showed $4500 but that it updates in their system in 24 hours and I should be getting the $5000. I was a bit surpised at only getting 5 grand as I have no negatives, no inquieries, and my TU Fico 8 is 776. But I'll take it as I only have one revolving card and no installment loans. Now I'm wondering if I should try to get one more card before this shows up on my credit report? 

820+
Message 44 of 54
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@ChiTownTony wrote:

I just signed up for this card today. I had a problem with their webpage and had to call them. I did get transferred 3 times, but the CSR finished the application over the phone. It was an instant approval. $5000 limit I'm guessing based on my pre-approval. The lady said it showed $4500 but that it updates in their system in 24 hours and I should be getting the $5000. I was a bit surpised at only getting 5 grand as I have no negatives, no inquieries, and my TU Fico 8 is 776. But I'll take it as I only have one revolving card and no installment loans. Now I'm wondering if I should try to get one more card before this shows up on my credit report? 

IDK know where are located, but if you are in BBVA's footprint, they offer great limits, as does AMEX. BBVA shows you the starting limit and APR on the prequal. BBVA Pre-qual: https://online.bbvausa.com/apply/credit-card-prequal?source=sba&oneTimeToken=SSOls/5v/LlXLNcqyXmBy75...Smiley Surprised AMEX Prequal: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/check-for-offers/
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $578,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 45 of 54
ChiTownTony
Contributor

Thanks for the advice. I just checked BBVA. It's not available to me (I'm in Illinois). I was thinking either PNC Cash Rewards or Citi Double Cash.

820+
Message 46 of 54
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Thx
Message 47 of 54
nastalgia
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I personally want confetti to match the joy in my heart Smiley Very Happy but I agree @UncleB , sounds like an approval. Congrats @nastalgia ! 

So my regions card never came in the mail, after waiting several weeks I decided to call their customer line which then transfered me to the credit approval line and they looked and looked and didn't see an application from me. Come to find out they don't issue credit cards to non US citizens, a non US citizen has to be a diplomat or a family member of a diplomat. I am a lawful permanent US resident of 19 yrs and that's messed up I can't get a credit card from Regions smh. I think I may have checked "yes" to the citizen question and my drivers license proved otherwise thats my it didn't process after the approval online

Message 48 of 54
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I did the prequal and got 3 card offers $8K and APR’s ranging from 19.99% to 18.99%.

Not too bad considering I’ve opened 5 card accounts in the last 3 months, but the these don’t offer enough to get me out of the garden for them.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $578,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 49 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

They offered me a limit of $8K.

Regions' cards don't excite me though.

Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.