Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regions Bank Preapproval offer

tag
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Re: Regions Bank Preapproval offer

It's the hole in the back of your dryer through which the socks escape.
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 11 of 20
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

They actually do offer a better card, but you can't even apply online has a hefty annual fee and believe it is only a 1.5% card they want you to apply in pesron like it is something special lol.  Use to have an account with regions, very short lived.

I was preapproved for 3 different cards with Regions.

Pretty sure you can apply online if you are a current customer.

We have Priority Banking, so maybe that matters.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 12 of 20
joltdude
Senior Contributor

A sock door..

Is that where a young man leaves his socks when he is done using them?

*ducks head*

=)

-J

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have my mortgage and accounts with Regions, mainly because they are 1/2 mile from my business. Three years ago, when I refinanced my house at 3%, they begged me to apply for the Prestige card. They said I had an 806 credit score at the time. Regions gave me a $20,000 line but it’s mostly been a sock drawer card. I’ve been putting some small auto charges on it to keep it active. 

Late last year, I got an email entitled “Regions Reward Multiplier” based on my average deposit balance:

1.25% for $15,000 up to $30,000 balance

1.5% for $30,000 up to $50,000 balance

2.0% on balances of $50,000 or more

So if you have accounts with Regions, it’s not bad. But maybe not as good as Bank of America’s multiplier. 

Message 14 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Regions banks are all around where I live and quite honestly their CC's stink badly.. I have wanted one just to have one, but can't bring myself to getting one as they are that bad imo..  They can't figure if they want to be in the CC business or not as they had CC then sold to another company then bought them back from said company many years back.  I think they only have them as they are a fairly big bank and want some of the "old money aka wealthy people" that are credit illiterate about rewards.  Just my 2 cents on regions very lack luster cc offers.  Just like their personal loans use avant...Weird for a fairly decent size bank

+1... perfectly stated.

"Back in the day" I used both Regions and a bank they later merged with (AmSouth) for my primary banking as well as for credit cards. That was back when credit card rewards weren't common, and most people thought of credit cards as simply a way to pay, which for that Regions/AmSouth had solid products (they were no-drama).

I admit if their offerings were remotely attractive I would likely get a card with them just to say I had "made it back" so to speak, but I just can't bring myself to do it.  When BBVA/Compass has better products (they are both headquartered in Birmingham) you know the selection is slim. Smiley Frustrated

*There is one exception... if someone is already using Regions for checking, then it might be advantageous to get a credit card with them to link for overdraft protection.  Of course most people will say "I don't overdraft" but that's the whole point... sometimes things happen beyond your control, and it's nice having a backup. 

Message 15 of 20
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I laughed reading all through this thread.😂😂
I just hit them up last week. All I want is the SUB as the card is meh.
I have no banking relationship. They pull TU.
I had a pre-approval/ preselect offer.
Instant approval with no SL.
CSR said I'd have to wait for the card.
Just another bank under the belt for me....next.😆
Message 16 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, Gmood, Hot Route! RED 7! RED 7Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:
I laughed reading all through this thread.😂😂
I just hit them up last week. All I want is the SUB as the card is meh.
I have no banking relationship. They pull TU.
I had a pre-approval/ preselect offer.
Instant approval with no SL.
CSR said I'd have to wait for the card.
Just another bank under the belt for me....next.😆

LOL... awesome that you found a way to make them work for you!  Smiley Very Happy

Their no-AF/1% card would be a good choice for OD protection, but I nearly choked when I saw that their "Premium" 1.5% card has a $125 annual fee. Smiley Surprised   smh...

Message 18 of 20
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

Welp I bit the bullet haha.  I just cant resist free money so I went ahead and applied.  Instant approval and that was it, NO SL, NO APR info...nothing.  Called the next morning and got transferred to "loan approval"?  Lady was like "I see you were approved but it takes 3-5 days for us to see your SL and APR info".  Like what??  Already not having a good feeling about them but like Gmood said at the end of the day its free money lol...if the limit is over $10k I'll probably SD it and if below I'll just close it after the $1k sub for the $150.

Message 19 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval @atst2000.  Well done.

Locking this thread as you have been approved.  Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals forum if you wish.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.