cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regions Cash Rewards New card? 1.5% - Nothing special but better than prestige!

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Regions Cash Rewards New card? 1.5% - Nothing special but better than prestige!

Appears Regions bank might have a new card called Cash Rewards.  Nothing special but it is certainly better than their current offerings of a month or two back.  Have had the prestige VS with a CL of 13k for about 4-5 months i think and only 1% back the new card is a 1.5% card at least.  Going to call tomorrow and see if I can PC my prestige to the cash rewards as 1.5 > 1%..  Strange they stealth added this it appears.  Really havent used the Prestige since met bonus.. @Gmood1  you might want to look into PC'ing as well as believe you have the same card as myself....

https://www.regions.com/personal-banking/credit-cards/cash-rewards-card

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Regions Cash Rewards New card? 1.5% - Nothing special but better than prestige!

I looked at Regions cards several months ago to see what they offered. I used to have a Regions checking account about 20 years ago but I'm no longer in their "region" now. I thought it might be different to have a card from a bank not well known where I live now, but they didn't have a good enough rewards card.

This would be in line with QS and CFU with rewards rate anyway, which isn't bad.

Message 2 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Regions Cash Rewards New card? 1.5% - Nothing special but better than prestige!

Yep at least it is a step in the right direction as regions customers are alot of "old" money.  They have been way behind in the CC game, maybe they are taking it a bit more serious now so people don't laugh at their credit card offerings other than people that get stuff just to collect like myself and some others.

Message 3 of 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks CC, same here. I haven't used mine since meeting the bonus.
Hopefully PCing is a option. 😃
Message 4 of 9
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Still can't compare to cards like NFCU Flagship. (3% travel, 2% everything else)

My local branch has given up trying to get me to sign up for accounts.

LOL.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Still can't compare to cards like NFCU Flagship. (3% travel, 2% everything else)

LOL.

agree step in right direction though i would try to PC your prestige you have in your signature to it though as certainly better than prestige

Message 6 of 9
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

LOL.

agree step in right direction though i would try to PC your prestige you have in your signature to it though as certainly better than prestige

I never really use it.

I have too many cards that are much better.

The only reason I got it was because they told me my SL In prequal.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 7 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

btw for anyone interested just got off with them and PC's are allowed to the card.  Nothing special, but better than a 1% card..  So anyone I would suggest PC'ing..  Card came out about 1-2 weeks ago rep said on phone so didnt miss it by long Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Thanks for sharing, @CreditCuriosity... while it's not earth-shattering it is definitely a step in the right direction.

I had accounts with Both Regions and AmSouth back in the 90s before they merged to become Regions as we know them today - even as separate banks they were both solid.  I've been tempted from time-to-time to apply for a card with them for nostalgia (ha) but until now it's been a hard pass.  I might have to reconsider that decision.  Smiley Happy

In the part of Alabama where my family lives there's a Regions on every corner (which makes sense due to Regions being previously known as 'First Alabama Bank' and having their HQ in Birmingham) and many in my family use Regions for their primary banking.  They aren't as prolific in GA but they are fairly easy to find in the ATL area.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.