Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regret a hard pull?

tag
hyprble
Regular Contributor

Re: Regret a hard pull?

I regret applying for the Apple Barclay (wanted it for interest free period, but they only approved me for $500) and the following HP I got asking for a CLI despite them telling me over and over it was a soft pull.  It seems like a lot of people have had great luck with Barclay, but I guess there's something in my credit profile they just hate Robot Embarassed  On a positive note, Chase approved me for 12x that amount so I guess my business is going there!

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 38
eddie84
Valued Contributor

I only regret the ones that didn't approve me. Smiley Mad  Seems like a waste for HP. lol

Message 22 of 38
stevenngu92
Contributor

Definately the BofA better balance rewards for me. After apping i realized that the card just wasn't worth it for a new tradeline and HP. I was hoping for a denial, but they approved me for a low limit. I figured that i would just use it for my netflix subscription and that $100 every year ($25 each quarter) bonus basically pays for netflix. So i guess the card does have some use for me.

Amazon Store Card ($6000) Amex BCE ($10000) Amex PRG (NPSL) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase Freedom ($2500) Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7900) Citi Prestige ($5000) Discover It ($10500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($4700)
Message 23 of 38
missjae
Established Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

I only regret the ones that didn't approve me. Smiley Mad  Seems like a waste for HP. lol

I agree!  Any denial is an HP I regret....like my most recent Amex denial.  At least I know what I need to work on.

Message 24 of 38
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Don't regret your HPs! You saved your AAoA!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 25 of 38
hot4u
Established Contributor

Hp Bank of america... When I hear they always Hp for Credit increases.. Thats a jOkE

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 26 of 38
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

American Express and Discover. Four worthless cards that I would be better without.

Message 27 of 38
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Denied today for my US Bank REI visa. TU HP.  Boo. 

Message 28 of 38
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

I havn't read the full message but basing this off the headline topic

My biggest regret is calling chase freedom for CLI after receiving the card for activation and actually following thru the message on the approval screen saying if 3000 CL is not sufficient for you then i can request for more

but to my defense the rep didn't know anything if it was going to be a hard pull or not  and was getting me agitated and she was willing to transfer me to someone who may help me with my answer .. lol

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 29 of 38
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@koalablue wrote:

I regret the two HPs I have for Citi - one last year and one this year - because they denied me for their cards.  I hate wasting HPs, but it was my choice to apply.

Most of my HPs are from Citi and I always get denied! I have excellent credit and no collections. I don't know what kind of scoring scale they use but I see people with collections and judgments getting approved all the time!

Maybe they don't like high reported utilization?  Or is your credit history and/or AAoA short?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.