Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regret getting double cash card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regret getting double cash card.

Waste of a pull imo. Failed to understand the rewards prior to app.

Ok so 1% after billing statement closes.

1% after paid.

Cool.

However im reading it can take another billing statement for the 1% from payment to appear. Smiley Indifferent

Then you need $25 to redeem. Seems like its going to take a while to cash in my rewards. Am i right?

I feel like im better off using the quick silver now.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Regret getting double cash card.

This has been a gripe of DC cardholders for a while now.  For those that PIF right away every time and don't mind getting their rewards in increments (like Amex) it isn't a big deal... but some simply like the immediate CB opportunity like the QS you mentioned, Blispay, etc.

Message 2 of 47
creditfan
Established Contributor

Message 3 of 47
BirchBarlow
Contributor

With the reward structure, the bonus malls, and purchase/price protection benefits, the Discover and Freedom Unlimited both offer more value than Citi DC.  The DC only sounds better because it's a 2% flat rate.  I also wish I hadn't burned an inq on Citi DC, it's turned out to be my least valuable card, but oh well live and learn.

Message 4 of 47
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

With low SLs, high APRs, and a less-than-ideal rewards program, there's definitely a few people who have issues with Citi DC.   I use it right now as my non-category spend, but only because I use my Blispay for promo purchases.   Once my promos are cleared, I may return to using Blispay for gen spend.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it really matter when you get rewards as long as you're getting them? But yeah that card has never really been that appealing to me either..
Message 6 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is one of my least favorite cards. Discover is soooo much better and so is Bank of America Rewards if you have a Benk of America account. I get from $30-$50 a month on Discover and about $30 monthly on my BofA Rewards. All my rewards go into savings. This has been a very good year. I am re-evaluating my cards as to value and DC is close to the bottom. Just my two cents. Everyone has a different point of view.

Message 7 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

With low SLs, high APRs, and a less-than-ideal rewards program, there's definitely a few people who have issues with Citi DC.   I use it right now as my non-category spend, but only because I use my Blispay for promo purchases.   Once my promos are cleared, I may return to using Blispay for gen spend.

I got a low 5700 SL and the 13 APR, but damnit i shouldnt have pulled the trigger. 

Message 8 of 47
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'm not the most patient, so for me the DC structure is annoying because unless you pay before your statement closes, it will be two months before you get your 2%. Others have that view of "who cares,  as long as you eventually get the 2%?". Neither view is wrong but I could see why the structure annoys someone.

Message 9 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I prefer to redeem in amounts of $100 or more, as it feels like Im actually getting something back.. so the increments don't bother me.. I also dont really care if I've got to wait an extra billing cycle..as long as I get them.. That said, I love my DC.. it's my non-cat spend card.. my recurring bills go on my PCMCU Plat Rewards @5% up to $1k/mo, I use the rest of my cards for categories that either stay the same or rotate based on the card, and the DC for everything else.
Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.