Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rejected

@ando35 wrote:

Non-secured, credit limit over 1,000. 

I have 3 cards low util

2 inq this year

aaoa has dropped to 7 years

bk 7 years ago. 

I think I should wait since I wasted an inquiry on this chase thing.

Thank you though.

Have you tried the reconsideration line?

Message 21 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ando35 wrote:

Non-secured, credit limit over 1,000. 

I have 3 cards low util

2 inq this year

aaoa has dropped to 7 years

bk 7 years ago. 

I think I should wait since I wasted an inquiry on this chase thing.

Thank you though.

What type of card are you looking for cash back or miles?

BK friendly lender Barclay and GE 

Gardening is always a good option to increase scores and age baddies 

Like KennyRS stated did you recon Chase although with a BK  Chase is not friendly  it will be hard its worth a shot since you took the HP already

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 22 of 26
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

it took me 8 years after Chapter 7 BK to get back in with Chase and I had to recon

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 23 of 26
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

+1.

No One just "files" for no reason.  And they sure dont make the decision lightly.  Also, it costs about 2K to even get the paperwork going.  

I was at work one day, and came back to the Plant only to be greeted by my Secretary with a paper that was faxed in claiming a judgment had been found in favor of a creditor and I would now be levied at 39% of each bi-weekly paycheck.  

I had upwards of  $200,000 in Medical bills that the insurance company flat refused to pay for labor and delivery costs.  I had been with my insurance company/employer for 5 years + at the time and never needed to have anything covered.  I had the hospital resubmit the bills several times to no avail.  They finally gave up and 2 years later sought judgement on me for the unpaid balances(although I had already met my OOP and deductible for the year in question).  I had received verbal authorization for service at said facility prior to entry as well.  My Mistake-not getting it in writing.  

I was a single parent. I made 10$ an Hr.  I didn't qualify for ANY help from ANYWHERE.  My daycare bill was 1200$ plus a month due to the mandatory OT I was obligated to(and all the OT $ went to taxes because now  its higher tax tier so i was basically working for free 8 hrs of my 16 hour days).  My mother would send 600$ mo to cover half the cost of daycare.  

Prospects: Take home per PP was 800$, Net was 1600 after tax monthly.  Add 600 for daycare help =$2200 - 1200=1000.  1000-750 rent=250 to cover Food.Diapers.Gas.Electric.Phone.Shampoo Car Insurance.  I was always behind from one month to the next.  I used up all my savings in the months prior to this just trying to stay afloat.  The month this came in I was down to my last 200$ out of 8000.00 I had saved prior to childbirth.  

Now, lets add in a 39% garnishment

Take Home=$1600 *.39 =624         $1600-624=976 Mo Take Home   976+600=1576.00.  $1576-1200 = 376   $376-$750 =-374 . Thats before anything else gets paid.

There is no way I would have ever recovered from that . Ever.   Also, none of it was due to some financial error on my part, as I did everything you are supposed to do in accordance with standard operating procedure.   

In the end, that was my last week of employment at that shop.  I Quit and filed BK with my last 600$,  I had to pay off the retainer fee in several payments and go to court to swear insolvency.  

No one who goes through with that, does it lightly.  So its more of a YMMV thing I think, rather than a sterotype of easyness that is portrayed on occasion.  

Message 24 of 26
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I would definitely say your case was justified and then some. I don't like Obamacare but you should not have been on the hook for medical care.

Message 25 of 26
bk510
Valued Contributor

@DrZoiberg wrote:

You went for a prime card and got rejected. No sense in getting mad or throwing a fit. This is your credit profile that is tied to your life, you shouldn't apply based on what this board tells your or what card they tell you. Search around on multiple boards and sources and take in all the information and then make an informed decision on what card best suits your needs at this time. . 

Some advice: Discover and Barclaycard tend to be more forgicing of COs and BKs. 

I dont know about Discover being forgiving(especially for BK) but I am certainly glad that I was approved.

Its a telling sign that my credit is getting betterSmiley Happy

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.