Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rekindling a Romance with Disco IT ;-)

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Rekindling a Romance with Disco IT ;-)

Title says it all huh" 😀😂

I started off my rebuild with discover it $1,500 SL which I could only get it to $6,000 tops. Decided to apply for the Miles and through various double dips decided to combine IT with Miles and close IT over a year ago. Just checked the Disco prequaler andI quality for a sweet apr 11.99 for 14 months and would like to take them up on the offer. I actually qualify for all (3) It, Chrome, & Miles(currently have)

Question, is it possible to reapply for the same IT card that you closed with disco? And are these prequels legit? See as I already have Miles and it's also included in the mix?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Rekindling a Romance with Disco IT ;-)

Yes, you can do that as long as the other iT card was closed over a year ago, you should be fine. Thats exactly what I did...three times, and now just have the cash iT at $25K, LOL.

In the past their pre-quals were hit and miss, but as of late, they have  been good. If you don't get an instant approval, you might get a number to call and it could just be verification.

Message 2 of 6
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Yes, you can do that as long as the other iT card was closed over a year ago, you should be fine. Thats exactly what I did...three times, and now just have the cash iT at $25K, LOL.

In the past their pre-quals were hit and miss, but as of late, they have  been good. If you don't get an instant approval, you might get a number to call and it could just be verification.

Lol! Thanks for the info @pizza1!!  I just might jump on this offer as I am not very impressed with my Miles card. I know Disco has been very funny of late. 

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do be aware tho, the lowest APR most often means a small SCL w/Disco, at least in the experience of myself and my extended family. Middle of the range APR seems to yield best results. DM: 1K, 11.99APR, 802 FICO.      DF: 5K, 16.99APR, 755 FICO.      DB#1: 2.5K, 21.99APR, 752 FICO.           DB#2: 2.1K, 21.99APR  698 FICO.      DW: 4K, 771 EQ FICO prequal mailer, 17.49 APR.      Me: 2K, 24.99 APR, 690 EX FICO online prequal. 

Message 4 of 6
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do be aware tho, the lowest APR most often means a small SCL w/Disco, at least in the experience of myself and my extended family. Middle of the range APR seems to yield best results. DM: 1K, 11.99APR, 802 FICO.      DF: 5K, 16.99APR, 755 FICO.      DB#1: 2.5K, 21.99APR, 752 FICO.           DB#2: 2.1K, 21.99APR  698 FICO.      DW: 4K, 771 EQ FICO prequal mailer, 17.49 APR.      Me: 2K, 24.99 APR, 690 EX FICO online prequal. 

Yes, I would imagine there would be a catch22 involved. If that would be the case I will try to get it increased initially and then combine the Miles with IT down the road. That Apr would certainly be an upgrade for me with the It as my first approval back a few years during the start of my rebuild was a (counter)offer @Anonymous.99😲 

How far has your SCL grown? 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not at all, unfortunately. I've run 10Kish thru since 9-15-19, perhaps they don't wanna give me room to do more? It's still first year match... Or maybe it's b/c I maxed out IT quarterly cap last go and halfway on the one before that; I did get a 500 increase on regular IT in Feb. It may also have something to do with the fact that I received 5.99 APR/0 BT fee checks in the mail, and ran 13.5K through regular IT without paying interest lol Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.