Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relative nerf probability: FU vs. BBP?

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Relative nerf probability: FU vs. BBP?

Any thoughts as to whether A or B is more likely in the next few years?

A: Chase Freedom Unlimited ceases to earn 1.5x OR ceases to transfer to partners 1:1 via an AF UR card like CSR. I know the transferability question came up in some customer survey, but Chase hasn't announced any changes.

B: Amex Blue Business Plus ceases to earn 2x OR has the $50k cap lowered.

I'm entertaining the idea of dropping my Freedom Unlimited. It borders on useless and my credit is fine without it. I'm just concerned that if I do close it, some nerf will hit BBP to make me want to drop it as my off-category card.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Relative nerf probability: FU vs. BBP?

If you already have both, I'd just sit tight. I haven't heard any rumors about the bbp being devalued, and as for the FU, I'm pretty confident that even if they nerf ita utility it'll still earn 1.5% back - if they drop it at all then it just wouldn't make sense since the freedom and sapphire cards earn 1x on everything already.

Even if the fu is devalued, you can always convert it to a second Freedom and keep the account open, so there's still some viable utility there.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.