Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remember Diner's Club Card..........

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember Diner's Club Card..........

I was just looking at an advertisment in Forbes magazine for Zino cigars and it stated they took Visa/MC and Diner's Club. I don't know anyone who has or even uses this card anymore. Does anyone in here have or use it. Just curious as you never hear about Diner's Club card anymore. I don't even know what the card looks like......THAT'S BAD.Smiley Very Happy

King

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remember Diner's Club Card..........

Ha, I still have one....

although, it wasn't issued in the US, it is a UK card which doesn't get counted towards my credit history.  It's a shame i can't get my credit from over there reported as I would have a 17 year old perfect credit history with nearly $80,000 in credit available (sigh - i have to close them all since I will be giving up my citizenship)

Mine basically looks like this (but with a number and stuff, ya know!!)

Message Edited by Susyquk on 05-18-2009 12:00 PM
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the brand lives mostly on in Europe, though on a small scale. Didn't Discover buy their network?

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a shame i can't get my credit from over there reported as I would have a 17 year old perfect credit history with nearly $80,000 in credit available (sigh - i have to close them all since I will be giving up my citizenship)

Tell me about it. My credit history now starts in 2004. My actual credit card history is 20 years older. I still have my first card (got cut down to a 500 Euro limit by now) and even used it a few times in the US, before I got cards here. I guess I will have to live with that.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the brand lives mostly on in Europe, though on a small scale. Didn't Discover buy their network?

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a shame i can't get my credit from over there reported as I would have a 17 year old perfect credit history with nearly $80,000 in credit available (sigh - i have to close them all since I will be giving up my citizenship)

Tell me about it. My credit history now starts in 2004. My actual credit card history is 20 years older. I still have my first card (got cut down to a 500 Euro limit by now) and even used it a few times in the US, before I got cards here. I guess I will have to live with that.

Hee nah it's still Diners Club International.

What's great about my cards is that I actually just logged in and looked at them all - obviously now I am trying to build credit here i have not been using them. Always PIF when I did. Since I moved to the US three years ago my CLs combined on them all has gone up by 50%......

*sigh - Cancels*

Tho i will always keep my Halifax one (since I have a bank account with them I will keep the credit card.  If nothing else it is one last emergency fall back in case of disaster and it's nice to have a card I don't have to pay horrible rates on for exchange when I go visit)

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll wait a bit till I cancel my old accounts. Even though they cost money all the time. I'm still not sure whether I will have to go back one day.

Anyway, I looked Diner's Club up. Their network was indeed bought by Discover who want to get a foothold in Europe last year. The brand name still exists, but in the US, the Diner's Club cards use the Mastercard network and are released by Citi.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone remember "carte blanche"

In the 80's most places took DC but I rarely ever had someone use one.

Message 6 of 13
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I thought that card was long gone, guess I'm wrong.  Must be this old memory.  I haven't heard that card mentioned in years.  I remember how my in-laws used it a lot back in the 60's.  Goes to show you, you learn something new on this forum everyday.  Smiley Wink
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 7 of 13
Smarter
Regular Contributor

My daughter interned last summer at one of the big accounting firms in Chicago and this was the corporate card that she was given to use.  I had never seen one.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:
I thought that card was long gone, guess I'm wrong.  Must be this old memory.  I haven't heard that card mentioned in years.  I remember how my in-laws used it a lot back in the 60's.  Goes to show you, you learn something new on this forum everyday.  Smiley Wink

Exactly.......Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 13
MattH
Senior Contributor

I haven't seen one of those in years!

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.