Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal as AU

tag
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

Removal as AU

Years ago my sister added me as an AU on her Best Buy card (in fact in was in 2003). I really forgot about it until recently in my attempt to bring my score up. She heavily utilizes the card and it has recently been making an impact on my score. For instance, she had an item that was $956 on a $1,000 limit as it read. She does not have anything derogatory but she usually just pays down the minimum $25 so it does not go down quickly. Recently, she paid it down to $62 and my score jumped past 20 points. At the same time, my credit limit increased on some other cards. Well, of course she went and charged something for $560 dollars and took my utilization up between 30 and 45%. I am thinking I should just have her remove me from utilization because of the impact. I currently have Capital one (750 cl with $100 uti) Premier ( $500 cl with $3 on it) and Fingerhut (which is my high utilization uti $350 out of $400). By the end of September I should be paying the entire $350 off. I recently did the cart trick and acquired an Express (500), J. Crew (250) and Loft (500). No utilization on the cards. Any suggestions? What is the standard wait time to wait to ask for CLI. I tried J. Crew and they gave me the 30 day notice. None of the cards have reported on my CR yet? I believe they should report after the first statement which should be in September.

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removal as AU

I think possibly, the age of the account is benefiting you more than maybe the utilization hit is at the moment. (Just my theory of course.) Depending on the rest of your profile, you might just want to not allow balances to report on all of your other cards and let this card alone. With your new accounts you've added I would lean towards keeping the AU card on the report as if you dispute it to get it off, it might drop AAoA significantly.
Message 2 of 3
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

Re: Removal as AU

@KennyRS wrote:
I think possibly, the age of the account is benefiting you more than maybe the utilization hit is at the moment. (Just my theory of course.) Depending on the rest of your profile, you might just want to not allow balances to report on all of your other cards and let this card alone. With your new accounts you've added I would lean towards keeping the AU card on the report as if you dispute it to get it off, it might drop AAoA significantly.

Yes, that is true.  My current AAoA is 7 years. Is that good? 

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.