Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing AU from my reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing AU from my reports

Should it be a problem to delete an CC AU account from my credit reports? I have disputed the account ( AU from my wife's card ) 3 times with EQ and it keeps coming back verified. I call the CC company, and they will not remove it either, and are not help at all. I'm not responsible for the debt and it is effecting my scores due to the balance. Why so much trouble to remove it? Any suggestions? It is holding back my score the few points I need to get a loan and I can't get anyone to move fast on the matter...
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: Removing AU from my reports

section8 wrote:
Should it be a problem to delete an CC AU account from my credit reports? I have disputed the account ( AU from my wife's card ) 3 times with EQ and it keeps coming back verified. I call the CC company, and they will not remove it either, and are not help at all. I'm not responsible for the debt and it is effecting my scores due to the balance. Why so much trouble to remove it? Any suggestions? It is holding back my score the few points I need to get a loan and I can't get anyone to move fast on the matter...

What Credit Card company is it? It is easier to get yourself removed as an AU through the issuer of the card. You might want to have your wife call since she is the owner of said account. If you dispute it through the CRA they may delete it for one month but when the CC reports again next month it'll come back.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper. I did call the CC company and they said they can't delete it.

If the CC company removes my AU status, what will be reported, and how will it effect my scores? Will it show the current balances until it falls off? There is no negative info besides the large balance. It won't hurt my history, because it is pretty new, and I have much older cards.

Message Edited by section8 on 07-31-2007 02:14 PM
Message 3 of 8
Takunda1
Established Contributor

From what I know once you are removed from an account as an AU it means that account is no longer going to  show up on your credit report any more. As far as score impact I do not know that answer to to that but I guess it'd have to do with the age of the account as well as you overall credit profile.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first step should always be for the primary cardholder (the wife in this case) to contact the CCC and have them remove any AU that the primary cardholder does not want associated with the account.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I called them up they said thay would be happy to remove me as an AU. The problem is see is that they will no longer report to my files and the high balance will stay on my file until I am able to get it deleted (if I can). We just paid paid off the card so I want it to reflect on the zero balance on my report before removing AU status. But, it might be too late for this loan by the time they report the new balance...

Message Edited by section8 on 07-31-2007 03:39 PM
Message 6 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

section8 wrote:
When I called them up they said thay would be happy to remove me as an AU. The problem is see is that they will no longer report to my files and the high balance will stay on my file until I am able to get it deleted (if I can). We just paid paid off the card so I want it to reflect on the zero balance on my report before removing AU status. But, it might be too late for this loan by the time they report the new balance...

Message Edited by section8 on 07-31-2007 03:39 PM

You never want a CC account reporting closed with a balance. BAD!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

"You never want a CC account reporting closed with a balance. BAD!"

That is exactly my point Smiley Happy

So basicly I'm stuck since I have been unable to get the account deleted. I can't kill the AU status, because it will show a high balance on my report. All I can do is wait for the zero balance to post, or try to dispute again and wait for the account to get deleted, maybe. 

Message Edited by section8 on 07-31-2007 04:06 PM

Message Edited by section8 on 07-31-2007 04:06 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.