Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Hard pulls via Equifax Online

tag
keithc
Regular Contributor

Re: Removing Hard pulls via Equifax Online

i had 4 inq removed from eq and my score went DOWN 4 pts!! i was pissed!!
Message 11 of 13
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Not the cause and effect to be sure. 
Message 12 of 13
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Yes--I did exactly what smallfry mentions. I pulled the report, clicked on dispute, and was very surprised to see that  could dispute inqs. I should mention that I was so excited to see that I could do it that I neglected to research it thoroughly.  I didn't think or really know about the possibility of triggering a fraud alert until afterward.  

I am not sure, in retrospect, that if I HAD known about the fraud alert risk that I would have done it. Also remember that I had a lot of inqs. in a 6 month period--I only disputed the ones that I did not authorize and the one I was lied to about. I am not sure if that is why I did not get a fraud alert, but maybe?  I had 8 inqs; I disputed the three that were inaccurate.  I feel like I got really lucky here, and I don't advise it; just sharing what I did.

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.