cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing authorized user from credit report.

tag
omaha96
Valued Member

Removing authorized user from credit report.

How long  does it take  for your credit report  to update after a authorized user has been removed?  I am really not in a hurry so I do not  want to take time to dispute tradeline. Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Removing authorized user from credit report.

Welcome to the forum. An authorized user should not be reporting on your cr . Are you the AU?
Message 2 of 5
dollar_bill
Regular Contributor

Probably not too long but I bet it's a few months before you're updated on all three CRB's, especially TU. They are super slow.

I'm a little confused, are you the AU or are you trying to get rid of an AU?  My understanding is an AU would not show up on your report..

Good luck.

Message 3 of 5
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

I was an AU on my wife's BOA account. It counted to part of my overall utilization. The balance was like $4500 with a CL of $5000 so that put me at one card with high %. So back in December of 2012 I had her removew me as an AU on the account. Flash forward to August of this year and it's still showing up on all three reports. So I file a dispute with all three. EX took about two weeks to get back to me and remove it. TU took about a month and EQ is still "researching" it. LOL.

Message 4 of 5
Melissareljac

I am having the same issue.  I am on a Capital One Credit Card that I didn't know anything about. It is not a joint account, I am listed as an autorized user,  the problem is the accout is 120 days past due.  I have disputed this with the 3 CRB a few days ago and I am waiting to hear back. Any other suggestions?  I am new to this :-)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.