Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Off Cycle

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Reporting Off Cycle

Did some searching, but a lot of the info is old or unconfirmed. I may have to buy a car sooner than I wanted and unfortunately, my cards report at 2 different times in the month. My question is, will Cap1 and NFCU report off cycle? I know Discover will on request, but might only report to a single bureau?

We can also use this as a go to thread if people want to post up other banks and their idiosyncrasies such as Chase reporting off cycle when you get a zero balance. I can edit the original post to list them all. Thanks MFers! P.S. for the longest time I didn't know MFers stood for MyFicoers. Lulz

5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Reporting Off Cycle

Bump

Message 2 of 6
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Capital One - Nope

NFCU - Maybe. Sent them a secured message or call and ask. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Did some searching, but a lot of the info is old or unconfirmed. I may have to buy a car sooner than I wanted and unfortunately, my cards report at 2 different times in the month. My question is, will Cap1 and NFCU report off cycle? I know Discover will on request, but might only report to a single bureau?

We can also use this as a go to thread if people want to post up other banks and their idiosyncrasies such as Chase reporting off cycle when you get a zero balance. I can edit the original post to list them all. Thanks MFers! P.S. for the longest time I didn't know MFers stood for MyFicoers. Lulz

Of course it stands for myFICOers.  What else would it stand for?  Smiley Embarassed

I'm not sure about who will report off-cycle by request, but as you mentioned Chase will whenever your total balance reaches zero and Discover often does a mid-cycle report when you first open an account (learned that the hard way 2 years ago with like 95% utilization about 2 weeks into opening the account when it clearly stated that my next (read: first) closing date was still another month out.

Message 4 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Here's an older topic that should help.

Credit Cards that Update with Zero Balance Mid-Cycle

Message 5 of 6
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Here's an older topic that should help.

Credit Cards that Update with Zero Balance Mid-Cycle

Well, that certainly answered my question. Never thought to use "update" in the search.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.