Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request CLI After Auto Luv?

tag
SomeGuyNamedFred
Established Member

Request CLI After Auto Luv?

I got my first cc at the end of March (Chase Freedom $500 CL), and was planning on requesting a CLI after the 6th statement, but tonight I went online and saw that they gave me a $300 auto increase right before my 5th statement cut.  As the saying goes, any luv is good luv, but $800 is still nowhere near enough to match my spend, plus I'm hoping to get an Amex in a month (either BCE or Costco TE), and would like to get as high a limit as possible before I apply.  

Would it be worth a HP on a CLI request, and has that ever been approved after an auto CLI?   I wouldn't want to do it unless there was a really good chance of getting my limit to $1500 or more.  My stats are listed below:

Credit Cards:  Chase Freedom (opened 3/28/13, $800 CL)

AAOA: 7 years (heavily weighted on Student Loans)

FICO scores:  EX 772 (July 2013)..... EQ 762 (Dec 2012)......TU ???

Inquiries:   EX 2,,,,,,,EQ 0,,,,,,,TU 0

Income: 75K - 80K

No baddies, always PIF

Util: I pay down multiple times a month and leave a little b4 statement cuts so it reports < 8%

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Request CLI After Auto Luv?

There is not a "really good chance".  You might be able to squeeze some more out of it though.  You can surely request more.  Be prepared to take a HP.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Request CLI After Auto Luv?

Also be aware that some creditors only allow 1 CLI within a certain period of time, like every 6 months.    Not sure about Chase's policy though.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.