Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request CLI at approval

tag
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

Request CLI at approval

Just did a mini app spree: chase united, AMX BCE and Discover IT. All approved with chase giving a cl of 17K. I want to check with you what's your past history to get a CLI at the point of approval, what's the chance, and is any soft pull or hard pull needed?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Request CLI at approval

I would never ask for an increase at the time of approval.  I suggest waiting at least 6 mos to 1 year.  Especially if you are considering asking for CLI with Chase, who just gave you 17k.  I think they would consider that request highly irregular, if not suspicious!

The only time I asked for CLI shortly after getting the card was with Lowes.  They gave me a 4k limit & I called & told them I need new appliances & 4k would not cover it.  I didn't think that was too much to ask, considering the type of store they are, and the limit they gave me.  They approved me immediately for 20k.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 8
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

+1

FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 3 of 8
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

I apped for Home Depot and Lowes at the same time. I got a $500 CL on both. I called them back and said I needed $1500 for a new shed, hoping to get one of the two. They both approved me.

Message 4 of 8
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

I would never ask for an increase at the time of approval.  I suggest waiting at least 6 mos to 1 year.  Especially if you are considering asking for CLI with Chase, who just gave you 17k.  I think they would consider that request highly irregular, if not suspicious!

The only time I asked for CLI shortly after getting the card was with Lowes.  They gave me a 4k limit & I called & told them I need new appliances & 4k would not cover it.  I didn't think that was too much to ask, considering the type of store they are, and the limit they gave me.  They approved me immediately for 20k.

Agree. that makes a lot of sense. we may not give too much thinking when requesting cl, but it may raise red flag to cc company and insted lead to unexpected result

Message 5 of 8
BreakingBad_Credit
Established Member

I requested a CLI at the time of ACTIVATION.  Called in chase to activate my Freedom, and requsted that they increase my limits as my CL with Chase was my lowest limit.  The request triggered a HP, although the request was granted.  However, the increase was only from 1k to 1.3k.  I wouldn't have OKed the HP if I would have thought it was only going to lead to a $300 increase.  My 2nd lowest limit is Discover with 5K CL.

Message 6 of 8
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Chase and Citi are pretty much always HP

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 7 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I applied for the Chase Disney visa last november and got approved. Picked up my card later that same day at Downtown Disney and saw my CL, I immediately called to activate it and asked for an increase of a couple thousand. They used the same HP (same day) and approved the increase.

Granted it I had waited some time it may have resulted in a second HP.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.