tag
JeffM
Contributor

Re: Requested Discover CLI...denied...letter is blank

@FinStar wrote:

@JeffM wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I am a bit confused. Are you supposed to get a letter with an explanation if SP CLI is denied?  I have tried 3 times at 6, 9 and 12 months and was only given the reason the account is too new over the phone as explanation. Never anything in writing. Thought only HP denials need to get explained?

The account wasn't elegible for SP (meaning no SP was even done) so no explanation would be required, other than if they need to inform an individual that a HP would be required (online/system or via phone).  If it had been HP, then yes.  Likely a system fluke in generating the letter (obvioulsy no score).  OP just check your CRs to be sure.

Finstar, oddly enough they gave me a score (it was on the back of the letter). What does Discover pull? Should I check everything?

Did they provide a FICO or a range (internal)?  They can typically pull TU or EQ.

They provided a FICO. It's the same score as it is on my statement (and signature).

Wells Fargo Cash Back - $2400 || Bank of America Cash Rewards - $5000 || Discover IT - $5000 || American Express BCE - $15000

FICO TU - 769
Message 11 of 16
JeffM
Contributor

@enharu wrote:
When was the last time you had your last CLI? It may have been too recent since you had a hp / sp CLI.

I had an auto CLI from them in either late August or early September (from 1500 to 1800)

Wells Fargo Cash Back - $2400 || Bank of America Cash Rewards - $5000 || Discover IT - $5000 || American Express BCE - $15000

FICO TU - 769
Message 12 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@JeffM wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@JeffM wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I am a bit confused. Are you supposed to get a letter with an explanation if SP CLI is denied?  I have tried 3 times at 6, 9 and 12 months and was only given the reason the account is too new over the phone as explanation. Never anything in writing. Thought only HP denials need to get explained?

The account wasn't elegible for SP (meaning no SP was even done) so no explanation would be required, other than if they need to inform an individual that a HP would be required (online/system or via phone).  If it had been HP, then yes.  Likely a system fluke in generating the letter (obvioulsy no score).  OP just check your CRs to be sure.

Finstar, oddly enough they gave me a score (it was on the back of the letter). What does Discover pull? Should I check everything?

Did they provide a FICO or a range (internal)?  They can typically pull TU or EQ.

They provided a FICO. It's the same score as it is on my statement (and signature).

Gotcha.  Were you able to confirm if there are any SPs or HPs on your CRs?

Message 13 of 16
JeffM
Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@JeffM wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@JeffM wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Gotcha.  Were you able to confirm if there are any SPs or HPs on your CRs?

I haven't gotten my free TU or EQ report from Annualcreditreport.com so I tried doing that. They both said they can't provide it to me online and I have to mail them or call them. Any idea what's going on there?

Obviously I have a TU score (according to Discover at least).

FICO TU - 769
Message 14 of 16
blondy250
Established Contributor

Re: Requested Discover CLI..Denied...letter is blank

Sometimes figuring out what the formula is for a CLI is like reading tea leafs. However how much did you ask for, judging by the cards in your sig the discover is your highest credit limit. CC underwriting sometimes takes into account your other limits, and will not go out on limb, of course with anything YMMV.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 15 of 16
JeffM
Contributor

Re: Requested Discover CLI..Denied...letter is blank

@blondy250 wrote:

Sometimes figuring out what the formula is for a CLI is like reading tea leafs. However how much did you ask for, judging by the cards in your sig the discover is your highest credit limit. CC underwriting sometimes takes into account your other limits, and will not go out on limb, of course with anything YMMV.

I'm actually an AU on an AmEx with 15,000 - that's been reporting for 1.5 yrs so I'm sure Discover can see that limit too.

The rep gave me to option of asking for a specific number or just seeing how much I can get. I choose the latter.

FICO TU - 769
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.