cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting CLIs

tag
AmateurHour

Requesting CLIs

Is it advisable to request these with regularity? I've had a Discover for about a year and a half and have never even considered it until recently. 

Prior to discovering this website, I simply used my CC like cash which sometimes got it pretty close to the limit. However, I paid it off in full every month, never leaving a balance. 

It would be nice to have a higher limit so I can use the CC more often while keeping my utilization low. I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way. Just frustrating. 

Plus I would save up more points!

Starting Score: 697
Current Score: 708
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Requesting CLIs

@AmateurHour wrote:

Is it advisable to request these with regularity? I've had a Discover for about a year and a half and have never even considered it until recently. 

Prior to discovering this website, I simply used my CC like cash which sometimes got it pretty close to the limit. However, I paid it off in full every month, never leaving a balance. 

It would be nice to have a higher limit so I can use the CC more often while keeping my utilization low. I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way. Just frustrating. 

Plus I would save up more points!

I would login and hit the luv button! Discover will let you know if they can do it with a SP .If you don't want a HP cancel the request. It took me 14 months and about 6 or 7 tries to get an SP CLI. Good luck

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.