cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting a CapOne Quicksilver CLI? I was just granted one.

tag
trnj88
New Contributor

Requesting a CapOne Quicksilver CLI? I was just granted one.

Long story short, I've had a Capital One MC for about 2 years.. was only granted a $500 initial limit so I put the card at the bottom of my desk drawer.

Recently decided to try and get it a CLI so I used it heavily, got an offer to convert it to Quicksilver, and also a CLI to $1,500 all within about two weeks. The CLI was granted about three weeks ago from today.

Should I hold off on requesting an additional CLI before ~6mos? I have heard CapOne considers CLIs once every (roughly) 6 months but I don't know if it's different if they grant me one, then I request one myself.

Any experiences? Now that it converted to a Quicksilver (1.5% cashback on every purchase), I'll be using this a lot more.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Requesting a CapOne Quicksilver CLI? I was just granted one.

Whether the CLI was automatic or requested the general rule of six months for the next CLI would still apply. Of course it's a YMMV thing, but still, it's a safe bet to say wait six months. You could always ask though since it's a SP, nothing ventured nothing gained. 

Message 2 of 3
trnj88
New Contributor

Re: Requesting a CapOne Quicksilver CLI? I was just granted one.

Thanks, gave it a shot and was turned down. I contacted CapOne to verify the 6-month reasoning and they confirmed it. I was told any request online will be auto-declined if I received a CLI within the past 180 days, and to try again in 5 months. The rep did tell me I may be granted another one before then but not at my request. No harm done with just a soft pull Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.