cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting a replacement card?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted

Requesting a replacement card?

I requested a damaged replacement credit card from chase will I still beable to use my card before my new card gets here and once I activate my replacement card will my old one still work where I can use it online have it set up for auto payments or will I have to change all that to the new card??
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Valued Contributor

Re: Requesting a replacement card?

@Mrsnorling29 wrote:
I requested a damaged replacement credit card from chase will I still beable to use my card before my new card gets here and once I activate my replacement card will my old one still work where I can use it online have it set up for auto payments or will I have to change all that to the new card??

As long as they processed it as "damaged" and not "lost", then none of the info will change. I'd still use a different account in the meantime to be on the safe side.

TU FICO 8: 741 (7/19) — Ex FICO 8: 739 (7/19) — Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer
Message 2 of 3
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Requesting a replacement card?

I had Capital One cards replaced, one for a bad magnetic stripe and the other for a bad chip. I had no trouble using them while waiting for their replacements (other than not being able to swipe / use the chip). If I really wanted to use the card in person, the cashier would key in the card number by hand.

Given that there's no security issue, I'd assume that you can continue to use the Chase card too.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.