Regular Contributor

Resisting the Urge to Apply for Another CC

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Resisting the Urge to Apply for Another CC

@kevinnguyen530 wrote:

I made a promise to my significant other to not apply for anymore credit cards, especially since I do not need anymore. Even though I am a responsible user that PIF with a spotless record, I need to remind myself that I do not need anymore cards. I feel the main motivator is "status," proving to myself that I can "qualify" for something. 

It is a psychological battle, something that have led many people into debt or credit score problems. Unfortunately, it works almost similar to a game. Although my total limit is $6,000.00, I get that temptation to apply for another card just to bump it up higher. Unlike most people who might need a lot of cards for their lifestyles or careers.. I need to tell myself that as a student, I do not! I have to keep reminding myself that I am on the right track and that I just need to age my accounts.

I am satisfied with my cards and will continue to garden until my next card: AMEX. I do not need anymore credit cards given my current situation. I have two amazing cards with great benefits and serve. I am grateful and should be satisfied. 

No MORE applications. 

WTG on taking control!!

You should come over into the Garden threads and post there!! Make some goals for yourself! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Resisting the Urge to Apply for Another CC

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.