Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution of Discover Verification

tag
mpls_njl

Resolution of Discover Verification

I posted this yesterday. 

I tried to update the post but it got marked read only and I can't figre out how to. The TL;DR is I get to keep my account and I'm grateful for the proverbial cents that people provided. 

More detailed - 

I called DISCO today because I still hadn't received the 4065-T form from Equifax. I asked for a mgr and the woman I spoke with gave me her direct email (firstnamelastname@discover.com) and I emailed her my bank statements directly. She must have reviewed them manually and right away (I was pretty direct and demanding, but still professional and kind), within an hour she'd emailed me back confirming she'd completed the review. A minute later I got an automated email from the bank releasing the hold on my account and essentially giving me the good to go. So it appears I get to keep my acct and I passed review. I was expecting to lose my account because those were the stories I read and when 'one dude' goes up against 'giant bank' it usually ends not in my favor. I did NOT lie on my application or misrepresent anything. 

Thanks to @torry590 , @recoveringfrombk7 YOU GET ME, @coldfusion I have no idea what you're talking about but I appreciate your energy, and 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Resolution of Discover Verification

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you got this sorted out. Just wanted to say that if you are able to join Navy, they will take care of you.

I believe ratewise they are comparable to Penfed. I've seen anecdotal reports of folks getting better rates on vehicle refinancing. 

Good luck!

Message 3 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!
Message 4 of 11
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Alliant is another great credit union. It has pretty much became my favorite. Anybody can join, it’s soft pull, and you can make ACH deposits directly from my bank account, something I can’t do with Navy Fed and the others.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 5 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:
Alliant is another great credit union. It has pretty much became my favorite. Anybody can join, it’s soft pull, and you can make ACH deposits directly from my bank account, something I can’t do with Navy Fed and the others.

ETA: Sorry for the OTSmiley Sad

@JNA1  .. That is weird, I can ACH to Navy ..

07/23/2020ACH Transaction - JPMorgan Chase Ext Trnsfr ACH Credit$200.00

Edited to add: ACH requested on 7/22/2020

Funds transfered within 24 hours.

Message 6 of 11
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@mpls_njl yay I'm so glad it worked out for you.  Navy has been great to me as I've been rebuilding.  I also joined Penfed just to be in with them, but I don't really use them for anything yet.  Lots of luck with everything!

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 7 of 11
torry590
Regular Contributor

Excellent news!!! I am glad they are allowing bank statements due to the IRS being slow. I feel like most banks would be like too bad, wait for the IRS. Glad you get to keep using the card.

I know it stings, especially for a dang secured card lol. Milk them for all they are worth, get that cash back and cash back match! Always PIF so they dont make money off of you for interest if you really want to stick it to them lol. 

Good luck with your goals! Discover will graduate before you know it as well! 

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 8 of 11
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

ETA: Sorry for the OTSmiley Sad

@JNA1  .. That is weird, I can ACH to Navy ..

07/23/2020ACH Transaction - JPMorgan Chase Ext Trnsfr ACH Credit$200.00

Edited to add: ACH requested on 7/22/2020

Funds transfered within 24 hours.

For some reason when I try to do a transfer from my bank account to my checking or savings it will not let do it, but I can transfer money from my NFCU accounts to my bank account. I can make deposits with Bill Pay from my bank, but it mails a check and takes up to a week sometimes.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 9 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@JNA1  You can not do ACH pull originating from NFCU. You have to do a ACH push from outside institution into NFCU.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.