Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response from Chase regarding CLI

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Response from Chase regarding CLI

Hi there!

I just checked my Providian message box and found this email from back when I was closing on the house.  I am not sure why I didn't see it before...maybe it was buried under payments.  LOL, I tend to make 3 or 4 payments in a month.

I know many have asked about CLI from various companies, as well  as what kind of pullis completed in order to obtain them.  Here is their response to me (unimportant details removed):

Please keep in mind that our review process evaluates several factors including:
1. A timely payment history with us and other lenders.
2. Staying within your credit limit.
3. The age of your account.
For your reference, p
lease be advised that any credit bureau inquiry we may initiate after your account is opened is a 'soft' inquiry and does not affect your credit score.
Keep in mind that these inquiries show only on credit reports you obtain, they do not appear on credit reports obtained by prospective lenders. These inquiries may be listed on your credit bureau report as a "promotional inquiry".

It has been more than two monthssince they sent this, so I sent another letter requesting account review and CLI.  I have been with them for 5 years and paid in full 50% of the time, paid on time all of the time, and almost always paid more than what was due.  I think I am overdue for CLI, but Chase seems a little funny with giving them.

As far as baddies I have two collections due to vacate by June and one late to Target 25 months ago that they refuse to remove, no matter what I do, even though it was a mailing error.  But, what are you going to do?

I will keep you all posted.  Smiley Happy

Lisa 

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Response from Chase regarding CLI

Since Chase has now taken over, you will get a HARD pull. Becareful if you are avoiding these for any reason.

Goodluck!

Message 2 of 7
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

I am pretty sure Chase had already taken over WAMU when this communication was sent, but I will ask for clarification if they email me back, and keep you guys posted. We closed the mortgage at the end of October, but their email must have been backlogged, because their communication to me was from mid November.

I will definitely be very careful with this. Thanks for the head's up. 

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but Chase is just now sending out letters that they are transitioning Wamu cards into Chase cards, with different terms. This is very recent and while Wamu was still running their credit card division, Chase has clearly taken over now and things will probably not be done as they were when Wamu. 

If you call Chase to ask about the weather, expect a hard pull for it. It is rare that someone gets away with a soft. (I actually opened a new account-preapproved at the branch with NO pull, but there are a galore of softs on all 3 bureaus)

So, do becareful now. I like to get the CLI's too, but not the hard way. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have talked to Chase about CLIs about 3 times, and every time they have told me it would be a hard pull id I asked for a C:LI.  When I asked for a CLI it was a hard pull
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, but Chase is just now sending out letters that they are transitioning Wamu cards into Chase cards, with different terms. This is very recent and while Wamu was still running their credit card division, Chase has clearly taken over now and things will probably not be done as they were when Wamu. 

If you call Chase to ask about the weather, expect a hard pull for it. It is rare that someone gets away with a soft. (I actually opened a new account-preapproved at the branch with NO pull, but there are a galore of softs on all 3 bureaus)

So, do becareful now. I like to get the CLI's too, but not the hard way. Smiley Happy

+1   LOL

chase is known as the leader, among issuers, in the hard inq for cli practice Smiley Sad in this case things would be better the providian way! 

i do like that providian disclosed helpful information about their process.  info. we can't seem to always get straight answers on when we call- how many times have we heard 'it won't effect your credit"  and then POW!  Scorewatch alert:  New Inquiry!!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 7
oracles
Valued Contributor

++1

Everytime i have asked for a CLI, it has always been a new inquiry. Be careful

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.