Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring my CL AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Restoring my CL AMEX

I have been an AM EX card holder for 15 yrs since i was about 16. I had a limit of $20k. I had not used the card in a while as i got a business silver card and a gold card. In 2012 i took out a business loan, bought a new car for $20k through USAA and used a check from chase to get about $7k into my bank. I received a letter from amex for my cash card and my silver card where they reduced both of them to a grand.

I did not really call or do anything at that time and eventually just forgot about it. Recently i applied for a CLI and only got $3k and i cant seem to find anybody that would restore my limit back.

Any suggestions? I dont have a lot of utilization and have always paid my balances off in full. I rarely pay interest.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Restoring my CL AMEX

Well, first off, remember the max CLI for Amex is 3x CLI. But you can get another 3x in 6 months, and another 6 months later, to bring you to $27k

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Restoring my CL AMEX

Agree with fltireguy, you will probably be back after a couple 3x clisSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.