Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted Capital One Card?

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Restricted Capital One Card?

Okay guys I had a terrible time with Capital One I think I might have the worst horror story/ nightmare/ OMG Smiley Surprised I cant believe I just went through that moment with them. Well I called recently because my account has been totally clean for 4 months and it still says restricted. I asked if they closed my account one rep said no and another said yes. So what does it mean? I really havent experienced this before.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: Restricted Capital One Card?

Are you still getting statements? What do they say? Can you log in to their website and does the card appear there? If you call in to the CS telephone number what does the audio reponse system say?

You really should be able to get an answer to your question best by asking one of their CSR's. It is not exactly a deep question - it is either open or it is not!
Message 2 of 5
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Capital One almost never will close an account and report it to the credit bureaus as "closed by credit grantor"

but to answer your question, you will lnever be able to use that account again. you will have to apply for a new one.

you will always be able to see it when you log in at their website and it will always say, restricted. the good news is that your utilization will not be hurt and the account will report as an open account with a 0 balance.

whenever any capital one account goes 120days past due and over, the account gets like this an is restricted. and as long as the account stays under 120 days past due, it will not be restricted and the account can be used.
Message 3 of 5
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

I never cease to be amazed by the GREAT Capt. One.  I have  such a love hate relationship with those people Smiley Mad
CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 4 of 5
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

thanks guys i hate cap1 for ALL of the stress they put me through
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.