cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revamped Citi Prestige Card ( New Update see below)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Revamped Citi Prestige Card ( New Update see below)

the points guy posted up following information about new revamped prestige card
Citi Prestige will be available in Jan 2019 (date not announced), and the new benefits are:

Earn 5x TYP on dining and air travel
Earn 3x TYP on hotels and cruise lines
$250 air credit will become more general travel credit
No more 25% bonus for air travel when you redeem points directly through Citi. You’ll now get 1 cent per point on airfare when redeeming through the Citi travel portal.
2x points on entertainment going away. So starting in September you’ll earn just 1 point per dollar on entertainment purchases.
Cellphone protection for damage and theft (this will be added in May 2019).
There will also be some negative changes to current benefits in Sep 2019 (date not announced):

4th night free benefit will be limited to 2 times per calendar year. Currently it’s unlimited.
Currently, with this card, you can use your TYP at a fixed rate 1.25 cent/point on airlines on thankyou.com. After Sep the rate will become only 1 cent/point, so you shouldn’t use this redemption method any more because you can redeem for cash at 1 cent/point as well.
2x TYP on entertainment will be removed.
The annual fee will be raised from $450 to $495. The $350 annual fee because of Citigold relationship will be grandfathered.
The remove of unlimited 4th night free will be a really bad news.

Think it will be worth the $495 a year fee ?

Another update now about the prestige

Citi prestige concierge will no longer be available for fourth night bookings or by the by phone .

The biggest news is those who were grandfathered with the $350 fee as citi priority will not be able to keep that! The fee will go to $495 and only those citi gold or citi Proviate banking will remain $350
Message 1 of 97
96 REPLIES 96
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Re: Revamped Citi Prestige Card

All I have to say is Blah......

Message 2 of 97
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Not good enough to draw me back, even if it stayed at $450.

I wasn't a regular 4NF user, and the card was only living on retention offers since the meganerf.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 97
redpat
Senior Contributor

So glad I dumped this card.   Even 5x can’t save this card because of weaker transfer options than Amex and Chase.

Citi should stick to just AA cards.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 4 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

D.O.A

Message 5 of 97
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

About the only thing in my favor is the grandfathered AF of $250 which easily offsets the travel credit. So, I guess the loss of appeal would be the 4th night benefit being restricted to 2x/year and airline redemption option.
Message 6 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think current card members will get upgraded to 5x on dining as well
Message 7 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless Citi adds AA as a transfer partner, I doubt I'll PC my Premiere to this when im elgible in August. The elimination of the 25% bonus would be a dealbreaker to me since I dont use their current partners.

My biggest concern is if Citi will be dropping the 25% portal bonus on the Premiere too as well soon? If they do this, this would certainly make me downgrade this card or close it.

Message 8 of 97
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless Citi adds AA as a transfer partner, I doubt I'll PC my Premiere to this when im elgible in August.

In my opinion, there is no chance that Citi will add AA as a transfer partner.  People have been hoping for that since the inception of Thank You cards, but it has never happened.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 9 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless Citi adds AA as a transfer partner, I doubt I'll PC my Premiere to this when im elgible in August.

In my opinion, there is no chance that Citi will add AA as a transfer partner.  People have been hoping for that since the inception of Thank You cards, but it has never happened.

Probably not which is why I hope they dont drop the 25% bonus on the premiere as well. This would essentially make the card worthless to me. The portal is the only way I plan on redeeming my points.

Message 10 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.