cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward/ Cash Back card- what's your favorite?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reward/ Cash Back card- what's your favorite?

We need to furnish our new house in a few months and will be making a few big puchases.  We have money to pay for it in cash, but wanted to see if anyone has a good recommendation for a reward card to "run it through" to get some points or cash back.  Thanks! 
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Reward/ Cash Back card- what's your favorite?

American Express Charge Card - since you can pay it off when bill comes
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

teamllovern wrote:
We need to furnish our new house in a few months and will be making a few big puchases.  We have money to pay for it in cash, but wanted to see if anyone has a good recommendation for a reward card to "run it through" to get some points or cash back.  Thanks! 

How is your credit?  Relevant card recommendations are going to depend on that.

Message 3 of 8
wmarat
Valued Contributor

PenFed CashBack Visa Platinum. 5% on gas, 25 oon groceries and 1.25% on the rest of purchases
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH's all above 720 mine EX670 EQ640 TU635
Message 5 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Amex Plat
Message 6 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Chase Freedom! 3 percent back on your top 3 spending categories each month, and 1 percent on everything thereafter.
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 8
jaybird201
Established Contributor

AmEx Gold or Platinum if you're looking for a keeper. If you've got several accounts and cards with Citibank, I think they have a rewards cards that gives you points for spending on home repair, but it wouldn't be worth it unless you had points coming in from their other products and services (You get free points just for having accounts with them: Checking, savings, CDs, credit cards, etc., not to mention some of the credit cards give points for spending).

If I was making decent money I'd go for the AmEx Platinum though. Great bonus points offer for signing-up and then there's a good points return on spending.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.