cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward Point Earning - programs, stipulations, DP, etc.

tag
DONZI
Established Contributor

Re: Reward Point Earning - programs, stipulations, DP, etc.

Kind of bummed on a lawn mower purchase from Lowe's being considered "Retail" .. Kind of figured that would drop into the "Maintenance" category.

Anyone have any experience with the "Inspire" checking credit card bonuses?

I parked just enough to qualify but there is zero indication of my spend being accrued towards that embedded 'Relationship' bonus. Calling main number, talking to TSYS Loyalty and even branch personnel who app'd the card for me have resulted no assurance and I'd rather spend the $5k on other cards and put my qualifying deposit (Inspire Checking) someplace else.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 11 of 15
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

From what I know about the Synovus and the (former)BBVA Clearpoints Dynamic Earn structures (I've researched both in the past and have some notes)... I know the Retail category is very broad. Covers just about every store you can think of. When these cards were once on my radar, the Retail category was a primary focus for me due to how broad it seemed to be.  This is likely why Lowes falls under Retail....although it is a home improvement store for maintaining your home....it's still a common retail Store.  

Oddly, like you have pointed out, some things have been known to code strangely. I know that Plumbers, Roofers, Electricians, etc all fall under the Maintenance category, as you would expect. It's really interesting to hear about the coding for Car Washes, Vending Machines, etc......never really thought about that.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 12 of 15
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I can confirm that most all hardware stores codes as Retail through TSYS. I've confirmed this with Lowe's, Home Depot, and our local Ace. Retail also covers most clothing stores, shoe stores, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Flower Shops, Sports and Outoors stores such as Academy, Gander Mountain, etc., most online shopping such including most eBay stores, Amazon, and PayPal purchases. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 13 of 15
DONZI
Established Contributor

@JNA1-- do you happen to know how TSYS codes the various cellphone app stores?

..or other digital services?

Since my TSYS cards are so new, I just rolled with the %5 paypal+discover for my latest misc. digital purchases.

I've got various reoccurring hosting and software related expenses I'm going to push through a TSYS card out of curiosity unless I can nail down some DP first.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 14 of 15
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I don't. I primarily used my BBVA card for 3% utilities and we used DW's for 3% groceries, which covered our Walmart spend. 
I've used my Synovus Travel Rewards card for Dining and Maintenance, which I used in the summer to capture some of my business spend. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.